Wednesday, November 27, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "The Way"


The Lord woke me during the night to pray for a man who was in a serious car accident Sunday. He had me pray for all to lean into His strength in the days ahead as life has changed so drastically for them. Then and again this morning when I woke up He brought the words to The Way into my mind... 

I believe You are the Way, the Truth, the Life 
Yes! This is what I believe. God is Everything. He is there for us on the mountains and in the valleys of life. Some have more experience with valleys than others. As I look back on my life, I see many valleys but I also have experienced many mountains. This song tells us that He is our fortress...our portion...our hiding place...our provider...protector and the One I love. There is a part of the song that speaks volumes to me...

It's a new horizon, and I'm set on You
And You meet me here today with mercies that are new
All my fears and doubts they can all come too
Because they can't stay long when I'm here with You

Today is a new day. Yesterday is gone. We cannot change yesterday but we can change the way we face today and tomorrow. God gave me II Timothy 1:7 last spring right before Doc was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I'm so grateful He did. This scripture empowers me to stand in His strength through the fears that come along with our life right now. I fell apart when I found out the blood work showed a doubling in the cancer number. A couple days later after praying for God to help me I received His peace that the scan would not show the cancer had spread. He reassured me everything was going to be OK. His peace came with that reassurance. I no longer fretted but allowed God to wash over me with peace. I continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and I continue to ask God for healing in his body while he is on this earth. Last night I had a dream I pray is many years away but it gave me encouragement in knowing God is right here with us. He is not going to leave us. He will continue to lead us as we allow Him. Yesterday was a full day where I ended up with tears due to pain but He was there with me every step of the way. He was there when: I witnessed to the medical personnel who did my test; I prayed with my elderly friend; I traveled miles on the busy roads; as I led the children/teen group last night; I explained to one little girl about ghosts, spirits, etc.; my body was hurting from head to toe...He was there every step of my day. I am so grateful I am not 'doing' life alone or in my own strength. God knows what we need, even before we need it. He knew when I was falling apart I needed Doc to tell me calm down. He knew I needed Joshua's calm demeanor when I talked with him about the van. He knew I needed direction on whether to combine the children and teens for class. Plain and simple. He knew. Praise His Holy Name! Today is a new day with the appointment with the oncologist and getting ready for tomorrow. But I hope I am so focused on Him that I don't miss what He desires of me. I look forward to opportunities to love with His love. Yesterday was full of what some would call 'obstacles' or things from the enemy. Perhaps some were but I know there were 'opportunities' from the Lord to stretch my faith. People were watching me to see how I was living out my life. If I would have been crabby with the children last night, they would have not had a fun time and neither would I. I am grateful God was in control.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to love with Your love on so many people yesterday! I pray the same for today. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me with more of Your love. May You be my words, actions, and attitude. Father, I also continue to pray for healing in Doc's body. I pray today will be a better day for him. The physical issues are affecting him greatly. May You be greater than them. I also pray for: my dear friends who are going through all of the issues from the car accident; one who was recently diagnosed with MS; the young man who had cancer surgery this week; one who is having mouth cancer surgery in a few weeks; those traveling; and everyone who is hurting for various reasons with the Thanksgiving holiday. Thank You for the things the kids said last night when we went around the room expressing what we were thankful for. Thank You for Joshua driving the van, Bubba helping on the van, Rhonda cooking, and Sheri helping with the children last night! You are so awesome in the way You continue to bless our ministry. Thank You Jesus for being My Way, Truth and Life! Amen.

No comments: