Wednesday, November 6, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "joy"


I woke up this morning with a song King and Country sings called Joy. These words are on my heart...

Oh, hear my prayer tonight 
I'm singing to the sky
Give me strength to raise my voice, let me testify
Oh, hear my prayer tonight
Cause this is do or die 
The time has come to make a choice
And I choose joy 

As I thought about this song, I remembered something my eighty-plus year old friend said yesterday as she read something in the newspaper. She remarked, "I think we are getting to the end of the world." I was flabbergasted by her statement. It's not that I don't agree but she doesn't talk much about such things. Her loss of memory stiffens some conversations. I was so moved by this one statement. I share Jesus with her every time we are together. At one point in time, she had a relationship with Him but with her present health situation it is difficult. BUT the more I remind her of His love, the more she will grasp it. I struggled to not let the tears fall in front of her. When I prayed with her before I left, she had such a smile on her face and repeatedly thanked me for spending time with her and being her friend. I am so blessed. I also am thankful for her realization that time on this earth is short. This song says, Cause this is do or die...The time has come to make a choice..And I choose joy. I am choosing joy! I am choosing to keep my focus on Him so I can be who He has called me to be. Joy is something that occurs when we live this type of life:

Jesus first
Others second
Yourself last

The only way to have His joy to the fullest is to live a life sold-out to Him. I begin each day asking Him to cleanse me so He can fill me to overflowing with more of His Holy Spirit. As I go throughout my day, my focus stays on Him much easier. My praises are more frequent to give back to Him. His love is more apt to ooze out of me as I live in His presence. It is the best place to live. When I get 'off track', I become grouchy and do not enjoy life near as much. I know He empowers me every day through living a II Timothy 1:7 life. I also know He loves me and does not want to see me fail. As long as I keep my focus on Him, life will be as He desires. Woo hoo! It is just like life. When I take my glasses off, my focus is gone. When I take off the Garment of Christ, my spiritual focus is gone. I strive to stay 'dressed' at all time. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the time with my friend yesterday and the joy she gives me! Thank You for the time with the children and teens last night! They are sponges! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so I can be filled with more of You! Thank You for keeping JOY in my thoughts and You as my focus! Father, I pray for Doc as he goes for chemo today. I pray You will give him exactly what He needs physically, mentally, financially, emotionally, and most of all spiritually. Thank You for the cancer number dropping more! Father, I also pray for two ladies who are having surgery today, Lynn and a young mother for a c-section due to her having a heart attack. May both of these ladies feel Your peace. I also pray for: one awaiting tests next week; one scheduled for a PET scan today; my cousin in ICU; one who had surgery yesterday that I had the opportunity to pray with; and many going through treatments to have Your peace. Thank You Father for the truck repair only being $335! You are so good at blessing us! Father, may today be a day with many opportunities to love people with Your love. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day in a new, different way. Thank You for being My Garment! Amen. 

No comments: