Thursday, November 14, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Dead Man Walking"


I went to bed with these words to the song Dead Man Walking and I woke up this morning with them going through my mind. 

I was a dead man walking
Until I was a man walking with You
I was a blind man falling
Until I felt the life You're calling me to


We are dead in our sins until we ask Jesus into our lives. Each and every day we need to ask for forgiveness for the sins we commit whether knowingly or non-knowingly. We have to pray for a cleansing in our spirit so He can fill us with more of His Holy Spirit. Accepting Him into our lives is just the beginning step. The next step is allowing Him full reign of our lives. There is such freedom in a life sold-out to Him. When we die to self, we are no longer a slave to our sins. Instead we walk in freedom as we walk in obedience to His will. I love the part of this song that goes...

I look for the words but cannot explain
A new kind of love ran into my veins
You are the key to all of my chains
To all that I was, now I'm not a slave


Some people refuse to take this step because they are afraid to 'lose control' when in fact they are not the ones in control of their lives at all. God has the ultimate control but He gives us free choice. We are the ones to decide if we will live for Him or we will allow the enemy to play havoc in our lives. The more we choose Him, the more freedom we will receive in our spirit. We do not have to fear anything that comes our way because He knows the outcome. He has the right time to take care of things. Sometimes He uses circumstances to draw us deeper in our faith or to break us from having the desire to be in control of our lives. He empowers us to love with His love as we allow Him to fill us. I am choosing to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 in knowing He gives me strength to get through each and every day but especially these 'tough' days with Doc's cancer. I am choosing to love with His love and walk in obedience to His will. I am choosing God over the enemy to be in control of my life. 

When I am physically tired, He is My Strength. 
When I am emotionally drained, He is My Comfort.
When I am mentally challenged, He is My Guide.
When I am struggling financially, He is My Provider.
When I am spiritually fatigued, He is My Filler.
Every day He is My Everything.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the rest I received last night! Thank You for our Bible study last evening! Thank You for Doc not being as sick after treatment! I pray today will be a typical day after chemo where he is feeling 'good'. Thank You for Carol's great grandson feeling better and released from the hospital! Thank You for Your protection over my Momma's neighbor in the car wreck! I pray for You to be with the surgeons as they work on him today. Thank You for an opportunity to 'talk' with one who is seeking more of You yesterday! May she feel Your loving arms wrapped around her in a new way today. Father, I am impressed upon to pray for one of my pastor friends with cancer for Your healing touch with whatever they are going through today. I pray they will feel You in a new, different way. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me today. I pray for an abundance of Your empowerment through this day in every aspect of my life. May You be my words, actions, and attitude. May Your love ooze out of me in such a way that anyone who sees/hears me will see/hear You. Thank You Father for being My Freedom! Amen.

No comments: