Monday, November 18, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; I Samuel 3 - "Still"


God always provides what I need, when I need it. I had a little girl in Children's Church yesterday that blessed me greatly. Before church she asked if she could sing a special. I told her when I blessed the children before going out for Children's Church she could. There was a part in the song she sang that went "shhhhhhhh" which also was a lesson in our book. I started out with the lesson I had planned on about being thankful and the Lord drew me to the "shhhhhh" lesson. I soon realized why He did. The lesson was about Samuel and Eli found in I Samuel 3. Samuel heard a voice and thought it was Eli's so he went to him. Eli told him he had not called him. The third time Samuel went Eli realized it was the Lord speaking to Eli so he told Eli to say, "Speak, for your servant is listening” and he did. The Lord told Samuel what was going to happen to Eli. Samuel did not want to tell Eli what the Lord said but the next morning when asked, he did. I talked about how God speaks to us. I asked her if God ever spoke to her and with her eyes big and excitement in her voice she explained He does. She is only four or five but she has experienced God's voice in different ways. My heart melted as she talked about Him. "Ms Sheila, God talked to me out loud when I was scared. Mommy left my room and I don't like being alone in the dark. God told me 'you don't have to be afraid because I am with you' and I went to sleep." She went on to explain how He talks to her 'all the time' but in her head not out loud! She is not only bright but she is sensitive and hearing from God! I remember when I was maybe eight or nine He spoke to me when I was afraid of being alone in the dark. I had always slept with one of my older siblings but when the last one left home I had my own room/bed. One night when I was scared, the Lord appeared to me as a vision in the window and told me I did not have to be afraid and from then on I wasn't. When we are in relationship with Him, we can hear His voice. It takes being intimate with Him and listening. After we discussed the story, I told her we were going to be silent and listen for a minute or two and see what we heard. I actually thought she would tell me things like people, furnace, cars going by, etc. Nope. When we opened our eyes and I asked what she heard, she had an angelic smile on her face and said God said, "You are doing so good at listening and I will continue to speak to you." Woo hoo, God! I was so blessed. God knew I needed that spiritual blessing yesterday. He knew I needed to feel more of Him. The more I thought about the morning throughout the day, the more I realized there was a lesson for me to learn from this precious little girl. This journey with the cancer in Doc's body is a roller coaster. I never liked roller coasters and I sure am not liking this one. BUT He is always there for me. He is ready to calm my fears, bless me in unexpected ways, empower me with His supernatural strength...the list goes on and on. The only way I will 'survive' this roller coaster is to lean more into Him, allow Him to take my faith deeper, and live out His supernatural empowerment. That is why He gave me II Timothy 1:7 to hold onto so dearly. He wants to fill me with more of His love and empowerment instead of me being afraid of the 'what ifs' of this journey. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for being with me when I emotionally fell apart yesterday morning! Thank You for being Doc's supernatural strength to not just get through the morning but to be able to preach! Thank You for being with us so greatly on this roller coaster ride with the cancer in his body! Father, cleanse us so You can fill us to overflowing with more of You. May You be our words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May we be in complete relationship with You so we can not only hear You but walk in obedience to what You desire. Father, there are so many hurting people that I ask a special blessing upon today. I pray for Jim, Renee, and Shirley as they continue to adjust to life without their spouses. I pray for those struggling with physical issues to lean into You; those struggling emotionally to allow You to be their Comforter; those with mental struggles to have people around them who will love with Your love; those with financial issues to seek Your wisdom; and most of all those with spiritual needs to have someone open up their hearts and minds to You. Thank You Jesus for being My Still! Amen.

No comments: