Sunday, November 24, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Lift Me Up"


I woke up to these words from the song Lift Me Up from The Afters going through my mind...

You lift me up when I am weak
Your arms wrap around me
Your love catches me 
So I'm letting go
You lift me up when I can't see
Your heart is all that I need
Your love carries me 
So I'm letting go

Throughout the night the Lord had me praying for pastors. He had me pray for Steve and Mark as they are caring for their wives. He also had me pray for Doc and two pastor friends going through the journey of cancer. Physical issues are hard on people, their families, and/or caregivers. It hurts to watch someone struggle physically. It affects every area of life. I was grateful when I saw pictures of Patty and the children at Disney. Brian had wanted to take the family there and praise God for the anonymous donor who provided for the trip. My prayers went to a pastor who has been out of the pulpit for awhile and looking to return. I prayed for God's wisdom, love, and grace to surround him. I also prayed for pastors with prodigal children to not give up praying. I prayed for congregations to surround their pastor with love and support. It's hard to be a pastor and feel like there is no one to talk to. Some pastors do not have someone to confide in other than their spouses. But a spouse cannot always be the 'right' choice to confide in. Sometimes the situations that are being dealt with are 'too close to home' to talk with a spouse. This led my prayers for all pastors to have a friend and accountability partner. For ones who do, I prayed they would be more transparent with their accountability partner. For those who do not, I prayed someone would come into their lives and it would happen soon. I prayed against fear in pastors as they go into the pulpit. Some fear the people will get mad at what they preach while others preach whatever they want instead of listening for God's direction. I pray for more pastors to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and not allow fear to be a part of their lives but instead allow God to empower them to do His will. I pray this for myself. I do not want to allow the enemy to tear my witness into shreds. Instead I want to be who God has called me to be.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for a night of prayer for pastors! Thank You for being with Doc throughout the night as it was a 'tough' one! Thank You for being with him yesterday through the CT scan and throughout the rest of the day when he was so miserable! Father, I pray he will be able to not only go to church today but to preach. If I need to preach, I pray for Your physical, mental, emotional, and most of all spiritual strength. Cleanse me, Father so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I pray Your words, actions, and attitude will flow out of me! Thank You for my friend who sent a check yesterday for the Building Fund! May You continue to direct us with this endeavor. May people listen to You on giving toward this project. Father, there are many pastors hurting. Some because of physical issues in their spouses such as Steve and Mark. I pray for Your strength to come down over them. Some are hurting over situations in their churches. May Your wisdom be there wisdom. I pray for one who has asked for prayer for spiritual warfare that is happening in the church he is serving. I pray for one who is seeking to return to the pulpit to have Your wisdom for him and his family. Lord, may all of those You have called to preach feel You in a new, different way. Lord, thank You for being The One To Lift Me Up! Amen.

No comments: