Saturday, November 23, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 5 - "God of All My Days"


The Lord directed me to Psalm 5 this morning. David wrote this Psalm about how God hears our prayers. He gave glory to God for this. It begins with these words:

Listen, Yahweh, to my passionate prayer!
Can’t you hear my groaning?
Don’t you hear how I’m crying out to you?
My King and my God, consider my every word,
for I am calling out to you.
At each and every sunrise you will hear my voice
as I prepare my sacrifice of prayer to you.
Every morning I lay out the pieces of my life on the altar
and wait for your fire to fall upon my heart. (TPT)


I can relate to the way David felt. I pray passionately to the Lord, believing He not only hears my prayers but will answer them. Every morning I pray for Him to cleanse me so He can fill me. That is the only way I can live a '24/7' was of life for Him where I not only hear His voice but I walk in obedience to it. Matthew Henry writes about prayer, "The most encouraging principle of prayer, and the powerful plea of prayers, is, to look upon him as our King and our God." God is greater than any person or thing. He is greater than anything we can imagine. Many people struggle when God does not answer their prayers. But He answers every prayer. It may not be in the manner or timing we desire but we must remember in His greatness, He knows what is best. A song Casting Crowns sings is on my heart this morning...

In my worry, God, You are my stillness
In my searching, God, You are my answers
In my blindness, God, You are my vision
In my bondage, God, You are my freedom
In my weakness, God, You are my power
You're the reason that I sing
‘Cause You're the God of all my days


Yes! He is the God of all my days! He is the God of yesterday and the God of today! He is the One I pray to and receive blessings from! He is the One that directs me throughout each and every day! I am so grateful for Him! I am grateful for the way He encourages me to pray not only for myself and family but for so many others. I am so grateful for answering my prayers. Even when the answer is not what I had prayed for, He still answers me. I am grateful for the way He empowers me to stand upon II Timothy 1:7. Most of all I am grateful for knowing as I live for Him on this earth, I will live with Him for eternity. Oh how I pray more people would come into relationship with Him. I also pray those who know Him would go deeper in their faith and allow Him to be in control of their lives as He desires. I love the word picture the last verses give in Psalm 5. In The Living Testament they read:

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice;
    let them sing joyful praises forever.
Spread your protection over them,
    that all who love your name may be filled with joy.
12 For you bless the godly, O Lord;
    you surround them with your shield of love.


Woo hoo! ALL can rejoice! ALL can be filled with His joy! ALL can be blessed! ALL can be loved by Him! How? By accepting Him into their heart and then taking the next step to allowing Him to be the God of all their days.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You once again for bringing Scripture and a song to my heart to start my day! Thank You for being the One in charge of my days! Thank You for going before us today and giving Your peace with Doc's scan! Lord, I continue to pray for a 'clean' scan with no cancer showing at all! I know that will take a miracle and I'm believing You will provide! Woo hoo! Father, thank You for Anthony's mother having successful surgery yesterday; Doc walking over to Joshua and Tiffany's to wish Sissy a happy birthday; my time with my friends at the assisted living facility; a new pastor friend I met; and so many other ways You blessed us yesterday! Thank You for cleansing me this morning so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Father, may You be my words, actions, and attitude in a new, different way today! Thank You for being the God of All My Days! Amen.

No comments: