Friday, November 29, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; Psalm 99; I Peter 1:13-16 - "Revelation Song"


The Lord took me to Psalm 99 this morning. As I read it in different translations, I began having Revelation Song going through my mind. 

Worthy is the, 
Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to Him who sits on
Heaven's Mercy Seat...

In The Passion Translation this Scripture reads...

Yahweh is King over all! Everyone trembles in awe before him.
He rules enthroned between the wings of the cherubim.
So let the earth shake and quake in wonder before him!
For Yahweh is great and glorious in the midst of his Zion-people.
He is exalted above all!
Let everyone praise this breathtaking God, for he is holy.
A lover of justice is our mighty King; he is right in all his ways.
He insists on being fair to all,
promoting true justice and righteousness in Jacob.
So everyone, exalt the Lord our God
facedown before his glory-throne, for he is great and holy.
God has his praying priests,
like Moses, Aaron, and Samuel, who all interceded,
asking God for help.
God heard their cries and came to their rescue.
He spoke to them from the pillar of clouds
and they followed his instructions,
doing everything he told them.
God, the great forgiver, answered their prayers.
Yet he would punish them when they went astray.
Keep exalting the Lord our God
facedown before his glory-throne, for he is great and holy!

Woo hoo! Spurgeon wrote of this Psalm: "Saints quiver with devout emotion, and sinners quiver with terror when the rule of Jehovah is fully perceived and felt." (The word 'quiver' is 'trembles' in verse one of all of the other translations I read.) All should be in awe of Him but there are some who think He is like a make-believe character such as Santa Claus. They think we are wasting our time with praying just as children waste their time asking for gifts from Santa Claus. Those people are so wrong in their thinking. God is very real. He does not just reside in heaven but is always with us. He hears our prayers and answers them. His answers may not be the answers we desire nor in the time we want them answered but He does answer them. We need to praise Him for all answers. Verse three reads, Let everyone praise this breathtaking God, for He is holy. The word 'holy' means to be set apart. God is set apart from us because He was not created as He created us. He is divine, we are human. He is completely holy, whereas we seek to be holy. We seek to be Christ-like and live as close of a perfect life as possible. We cannot be perfect because we are human but He desires us to seek this lifestyle. I Peter 1:13-16 reads:

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance.15 But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; 16 for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.”

Adam Clarke wrote: "His holiness - the immaculate purity of his nature, was the reason why he should be exalted, praised, and worshipped." Woo hoo! I love to praise God! I love to worship Him! The more I do, the less I think of my problems in life. The more I lift His name up, the more I desire to love on others with His love. The more I pray, the closer I feel Him. He saw Moses, Aaron and Samuel as His praying priests. I desire to be seen by Him as His praying daughter. He brings people to my mind throughout the day to pray for and I pray. He wakes me in the middle of the night to pray and I do. I desire to walk in obedience. The desire of my heart is to do whatever He puts before me. God gave me a second chance when I walked away from Him. I do not want to ever disappoint Him for doing so. I also do not ever want to make Him ashamed of me. He deserves my praises! He deserves to be lifted up! I love these words in the Revelation Song...

Blessing and honor, strength and
Glory and power be
To You the Only Wise King...

Yes! He knows what is best for me. He knows the end result of all situations. He does give us free choice but when we are walking with Him, He will be our choice. He knows every hair on our head. Plain and simple. He knows all. That is one of the perks of walking in obedience to Him. We do not have to fret over anything because we know He is in control. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for loving me so greatly! Thank You for our friends Jack and Paula, Nancy, and Will and Sandy who shared Thanksgiving with us! Thank You for giving Doc strength yesterday! I pray You will give Him mental strength today as He puts his sermon together. I pray You will cleanse me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. May You be my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be greater than any obstacle that comes my way! Thank You Jesus for being My Holiness! Amen.

No comments: