Sunday, November 3, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "He's Able"


I prayed for pastors before going to bed, the two times I was up during the night, and again this morning. God brought an old song, He's Able, to my mind as I prayed. There are many pastors discouraged due to their personal lives, family issues, church issues, etc. Doc and I are dealing with a bit of discouragement ourselves with his cancer which causes all kinds of issues, being short on finances to complete the church building rehab, etc. But the words to this song are ones we must hold onto and believe...

He’s able, He’s able,
I know He’s able,
I know my Lord is able
To carry me through.


Yes! No matter what our circumstances, God will carry us through. I prayed for Steve with Peggy's last breathe drawing closer; two pastor friends with cancer; Mark and Lisa as they are in her battle; a pastor friend who has been out of the pulpit for a while and seeking God's will; a pastor friend whose marriage is in turmoil. I also prayed for pastors who feel like giving up in ministry to stay strong and seek God's will. Today there will be several emotions going on in pastors as they go into the pulpit. Some will be so excited because everything is going so well. Others will be so down because they are so discouraged. There will be some who will go into the pulpit just going through the motions of what they are doing. I pray for everyone of them to realize God's love, mercy, and grace. I pray for their people to also realize God's love, mercy, and grace. I pray people will realize their pastor is a person just as they are. They have emotions just as they do. They need encouraged just as everyone does. I pray against people putting pastors up on a pedestal. That is not good for the pastor nor the people. I pray against the people who are following the pastor and instead of following God. Those people will get hurt when the pastor leaves or when they do something out of God's will. The words to this song come back to me. I know God will carry everyone of us through the trials of life. I also know it is the trials that stretch our faith. We have nothing to fear. We all need to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 every day we have on this earth. As we do, He will empower us to win over the things that try to tear us down. He will empower us with His supernatural strength. He will empower us as we allow Him free reign over every aspect of our lives. Woo hoo! I desire to be empowered by Him. I desire to 'win' the battles before me. I desire to live as He desires of me.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for Your supernatural empowerment that You lavish upon me as I allow it! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. I know that is the only way I will live as You desire. I pray for Doc to be empowered by You today to not just get through the sermon but to feel Your Spirit's strength. Father, once again I pray for pastors. I pray for those who are on fire for You to not allow the enemy an open door in pulling them down. I pray for those who are discouraged to be encouraged. I pray for those who are just going through the motions to realize they need to allow You to have free reign in their life. I pray for Steve; Mark; two pastor friends with cancer; a pastor who has been out of the pulpit; and a pastor with a failing marriage. Thank You Jesus for being My Able! Amen.

No comments: