Thursday, November 21, 2019

II Timothy 1:7; James 1; Philippians 4:12-13 - "Healer"


These words from Kari Jobe's song Healer were going through my mind when I was awake during the night...

You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
And heal all my disease
I trust in You, I trust in You

I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe

And I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus You're all I need

As they went through my mind, the Lord impressed upon me to stop and ponder upon them. Do I believe He can heal? Do I trust Him? Do I believe He is all I need? My answer is 'YES!' I must continue to walk by faith on this journey with the cancer in Doc's pancreas. I must continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 so He can empower me through each and every day. I  must pray for a cleansing in my soul so God can fill me with more of Him so my words, actions, and attitude mirror His. I must not allow the enemy any open door into my life. I must live in His presence twenty-four/seven so He can use me as He so desires. It was no mistake the Lord took me to the book of James for our Wednesday night Adult Bible Study. He knew I needed the reminders found in it. He continues to bless me through this study. A few years back I had business cards with James 1:2-4 printed on them. Recently, I read these verses in The Passion Translation and fell more in love with them.

My fellow believers, when it seems as though you are facing nothing but difficulties see it as an invaluable opportunity to experience the greatest joy that you can! For you know that when your faith is tested it stirs up power within you to endure all things. And then as your endurance grows even stronger it will release perfection into every part of your being until there is nothing missing and nothing lacking.

Yes! ...the greatest joy... These days don't always seem joyful in the manner we normally think but my joy is still in the Lord. He is with me and always will be. He knows what we are going through. He also knows the outcome. He is using these 'tough' days to stretch our faith and draw us closer to Him. I was thinking yesterday about how life was before I realized I needed to be totally surrendered to Him. My day planner would have been a mess in the situation we are in. There is so much unknown and 'maybes' in the schedule. I would have been a nervous wreck since I was tied to that planner. Yesterday I was reading about how anything we put before God is an idol. My day planner was one of the most important things in my life. It held my every moment. My to-do list had to be completely done at the end of the day or I felt like I had failed. It did not always allow time for God. Oh, it had things that needed done for God on it but many days there was not room for God to work in and through me to accomplish His will. I'm so grateful I no longer am tied to such things. I'm grateful I finally realized true relationship with God means listening to His voice and walking in obedience to Him. I am so grateful for the knowledge of what true happiness is. James 1:12 reads:

If your faith remains strong, even while surrounded by life’s difficulties, you will continue to experience the untold blessings of God! True happiness comes as you pass the test with faith, and receive the victorious crown of life promised to every lover of God!

I see so many people looking for happiness through buying all the newest gadgets, new vehicles, their children everything they want, etc. True happiness is not found in 'stuff' but in a complete relationship with God. Paul wrote in Philippians 4:12-13:

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Contentment in Christ is the best place to be. The only way to get through 'tough' days like we are experiencing with the pancreatic cancer is to allow God to be our Strength. As we live in this manner, we will feel content in our circumstances. That does not mean we are 'happy' with them because we are not. This disease has caused all kinds of chaos in our lives but it also has drawn us closer to Our Heavenly Father. It also does not mean we will not continue to pray for a healing in Doc's body. I'm asking, trusting, and believing his healing will happen on this earth. James tell us our faith must remain strong. Paul tells us God's strength is the secret to life. When I put these two together, I know what I must do in the days ahead. I must go deeper in my faith to live in God's strength. Woo hoo! I love when the Lord lays things out so clearly!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the song and Scripture You gave me this morning! Thank You for our Bible study last night! Thank You for my church family that loves us so greatly! Thank You for friends from across the miles that check on us! Thank You for people giving words of encouragement! Father, I pray today for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of Your Holy Spirit. I pray for a deeper faith and trust in You. I also ask for a physical strength for the day ahead. Father, I pray for Doc who had little sleep last night to feel Your presence mightily today. I pray for the sermon he will prepare to be exactly what You so desire. Thank You for him feeling like eating last night after going through the chemo! Father, I continue to pray for a miraculous healing in his body that You will be glorified through. I pray for NOTHING to show on the scan Saturday...the cancer to be GONE...for there not to be anything in him that is not from You. May it be the cleanest scan ever seen by human eyes. Lord, thank You for always being here with us. May we always remember we are never alone and nothing is too big for You. We know nothing surprises You. May You be glorified in all we do and say. Thank You Jesus for being Our Healer! Amen.


No comments: