Saturday, November 9, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Let Your Kingdom Come"


John the baptizer gives his testimony in the third chapter of John written by the apostle. I love reading this in different translations to get different word pictures. The end of verse twenty-nine followed by verse thirty tell how to have true joy in your life.

Therefore this joy of mine is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease. NKJV

That joy is mine, and it is now complete. He must become greater; I must become less. NIV

Therefore, I am filled with joy at his success. He must become greater and greater, and I must become less and less. TLT

And because of his words my joy is complete and overflows! So it’s necessary for him to increase and for me to be diminished. TPT
John knew he was not the Messiah. He knew he was called to do work for the Lord. In the beginning of verse twenty-nine John speaks of hearing God's voice. This is essential in one's life. Some scholars believe verses thirty-one through thirty-six are the words of John the apostle while others believe they are from John the baptizer. No matter which one wrote them, they are words of great wisdom. Verses thirty-four through thirty-six read:

“The One whom God has sent to represent him will speak the words of God, for God has poured out upon him the fullness of the Holy Spirit without limitation. The Father loves his Son so much that all things have been given into his hands. Those who trust in the Son possess eternal life; but those who don’t obey the Son will not see life, and God’s anger will rise up against them.”

We must SPEAK His Words to have eternal life.
We must TRUST Him to have eternal life. 
We must OBEY Him to have eternal life.

These things are attainable when we accept Him and allow the Holy Spirit free reign in our lives. We do not have to fear anything that comes our way. During the night as Doc was having issues, there was no panic nor fear. The first thing that came to my mind was to pray so I did and His peace was received. We were able to go back to sleep and rest. When I woke up and the Lord told me to read John 3, I didn't know why but now I do. He reminded me the Holy Spirit lives in me in such a way that I can stand upon II Timothy 1:7 both day and night. He also reminded me to continue speaking His Word, trusting Him, and obeying Him no matter what happens. He is looking forward to the day I walk into His arms in heaven. Woo hoo!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this Scripture that encourages me greatly! Thank You for the obedience of so many over the years that encourage me so much! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for being with Doc and giving him exactly what he needs. These last few days have been tough physically which makes them tough emotionally. May You continue to encourage us in many ways. Cleanse us so You can fill us today. May You be our words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be greater than us. May we diminish as You increase. Woo hoo! Father, be with those who are dealing with physical, mental, emotional, and financial needs but most of all be with those with spiritual needs. May those who do not believe in You, find You. May those who believe but have not accepted You fully go deeper. May those who are not listening to You have open ears, minds, and hearts to You. May the enemy be wiped out of people's lives. May he no longer twist Your words to make people happy. Thank You Jesus for being My Greater! Amen.

No comments: