Saturday, November 16, 2019

II Timothy 1:7 - "Hills and Valleys"


The Lord woke me in the middle of the night with the song Hills and Valleys. The words touch me greatly as we are in this valley with the cancer in Doc's body.

On the mountains, I will bow my life
to the one who set me there
In the valley, I will lift my eyes to the one who sees me there
When I'm standing on the mountain aft, didn't get there on my own
When I'm walking through the valley end, no I am not alone!
You're God of the hills and valleys!
Hills and Valleys!
God of the hills and valleys
and I am not alone!


I am not alone holds such meaning. I know it to be the truth but some days I feel so alone. Some days I just want to curl up in my blankie and go back to bed. Some days I just can't stop the tears from flowing. I miss my husband. Even though he is here, the disease in his body has taken so much from us. Sometimes it is minute by minute on what he will be able to do. There is so much unknown from one day to another. I must remember God is with us and will never let us down. He is walking with us on this nasty journey. I must continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7 and allow God to be my strength and empowerment every minute of every day. I must ask for a cleansing in my spirit daily so He can use me as He desires. I am grateful for the way He stays close to me and encourages me through the 'tough' days of life. I also am grateful He is with so many others who are on this nasty journey too. None of us are alone when we have Him in our life. 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder this morning we are not alone on this nasty journey! Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead in this day! Thank You for encouraging me to continue to stand upon II Timothy 1:7! Father, cleanse me so You can fill me so this can happen today. May there be nothing between us that would take my focus off of You. Lord, there are so many besides Doc on this nasty journey that I pray will feel You in a mighty way today. Peggy Steve; two pastor friends; Dale; Mike; Mark; Maxine; Kandi; and so many others. I pray for Lynn as she awaits test results. I thank You for Nada's good follow-up appointment. Lord, may today be a 'better' day for Doc. May he feel Your empowerment in a new, different way! Thank You Jesus for being The God of our Hills and Valleys! Amen.

No comments: