Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Psalm 80 - "Love Has Come"


The Lord woke me this morning with a song and an urgency to read Psalm 80. When I couldn't remember the name of the song I went searching with the lyrics I could remember. They took me to a song Mark Schulz sings called "Love Has Come" which blessed my heart in abundance. The first thing I thought of was the disappointment the Grimm Family had yesterday with the court's decision.

Well, I know this life is filled with sorrow
And there are days when the pain just lasts and lasts
But I know there will come a day
When all our tears are washed away with a break in the clouds
His glory coming down and in that moment

For anybody who has ever lost a loved one
And you feel like you had to let go too soon
I know it hurts to say goodbye
But don't you know it's just a matter of time till the tears are gonna end
You'll see them once again and in that moment

The hole in their hearts left by Jeremy's death is wide open. I am praying with the legal aspect behind them that hole can begin to heal. There will always be a scar left but I pray the pain from being cut open will be soothed. This song shows us the hope of seeing our loved ones again. The only way that can happen is to be ready for eternal life with our Heavenly Father. As I read Psalm 80 I was touched by the story of when God brought the Israelites out of Egypt in verses eight through sixteen. Jesus is the Vine and we believers are the branches. We cannot grow and especially cannot bear fruit if we are not connected to Him. We must not allow circumstances on this earth to pull us away from Him but instead need to allow Him to pull us deeper into relationship with Him. Matthew Henry writes:

The Messiah, the Protector and Saviour of the church, is the Man of God's right hand; he is the Arm of the Lord, for all power is given to him. In him is our strength, by which we are enabled to persevere to the end. The vine, therefore, cannot be ruined, nor can any fruitful branch perish; but the unfruitful will be cut off and cast into the fire. The end of our redemption is, that we should serve Him who hath redeemed us, and not go back to our old sins.

The Grimm Family are just like all other believers who have experienced tragedy of a death of a loved one, disease in their bodies, circumstances that are hard to face, etc. All believers have a choice to make between allowing the enemy to pull us down to the depths of hell or choosing to allow God to soothe our hurts and strengthen our spiritual bodies to continue on as long as we are on this earth. The days will not be easy but I do not think God desires them to be so. The more turmoil we go through, the stronger our faith will become. We will never know the reason why tragedies come but we do know who does. We need to get to the point in life when we can bask in His presence and accept the path we are on. As we do so, we will receive His love, grace, and mercy in abundance. We also will be content in knowing we will spend eternity with Him. I love the picture of these words...

Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess
That God is love and love has come for us all
Every heart set free, every one will see
That God is love and love has come for us all

I don't know what heaven looks like but I do know of quite a few people who have already gone. If heaven is a place where people know and communicate with one another, then my Daddy and Jeremy are having a good time! The two of them loved the Lord so much and especially showed His love to others. They both were godly men who enjoyed life. I think of Bob Shoup being there with them. I wonder what the three of them are doing. Are they loving on people with His love? Do the three of them have that little ornery twinkle in their eyes? Are my Daddy and Bob teaching Jeremy or is he teaching them? I enjoy daydreaming about what people who have gone ahead may be doing. Some may think I am crazy with my thoughts and that's ok. Nobody knows what is happening in heaven nor what will happen when we go. What I know is I want to do everything I can to get there!

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love that encourages me so greatly! Thank You for the knowledge that Your love is what saves us. Your love is what sanctifies us. Your love is what keeps us going through tough days. Your love is what takes us deeper in our faith. Lord, may Your love come down upon all who of us but especially the Grimm Family. May the days become more bearable for them. I think of the Holbrook Family with Mike's health issues and Paula with her issues. Father, may they draw closer to You during these tough days. I continue to pray for Billie and her family. I ask that You put someone in their lives that will have Your love ooze out of them in such a way that they will feel Your love in a different, new way. There are so many hurting people in my little world. I pray all of them would feel Your love as their strength to get through the trying times. Father, I also pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. I desire to have Your love ooze out of me in such a way that people will desire to have You. Lord, go before me today. May my words, actions, and attitude flow from Your love. May I not miss any opportunity to show Your love to all I meet. Lord, I pray for Brother Dan and his team as they travel to ooze with Your love. Sometimes as I read their experiences I am a bit jealous of what they are experiencing but I know I can have the same type of experiences as I allow You to fill me with more of Your love. Oh how I desire that. Thank You Jesus for being My Eternity. Amen.

No comments: