Sunday, September 30, 2018

Philippians 4:13 - "I Can Do All Things"



Last night was a typical Saturday night with praying for pastors. The Lord had me pray for:
  • People to go to church so they could hear the message He intended for them to hear.
  • Pastors to preach boldly the message He intended for them to preach.
  • Pastors to follow through with the invitation He intended them to give.
He also had me pray for a pastor's spouse who is tired of the life of ministry. They are contemplating leaving their spouse because they feel like they can no longer handle such a life. He had me pray for them to accept the call upon their spouse as a call upon their own life. As I think about this request this morning, my heart breaks. Ministry is hard. In fact, it can be very hard but it also is full of blessings. We are not the typical pastoral couple since we are both called to be pastors so I know I cannot completely understand what some go through. I know of some pastoral spouses who embrace the call and their lives show it. I also know of some where they refuse to accept the call on their own lives because they feel like it was their spouse who is called and not them. When God calls a person into ministry and they are married, it is essential for the spouse to accept the call upon their life. If they don't, there will be turmoil in the home. Children do not need to be raised with such turmoil. If they are, they will grow up with animosity to God. Being a pastor's kid also can be hard with the pressure put on them by people to always do right and 'act' like they should. This morning I am praying for:
  • All pastoral families to be united through God's love to be who He has called them to be. 
  • Those in ministry who have been hurt by people to allow God to be the soothing balm in their situation.
  • People to love on their pastoral families with Jesus' love.
  • Pastoral couples who have prodigals to not give up on their children and for people to support them as they continue to love their children.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace. Thank You for the way You give me Saturday nights to pray for pastors. Father, cleanse me today so You can fill me. I especially need a filling in my physical tank as I am so tired. It was so hard to get up this morning. This is one of those days where I could just stay in bed but I know that is not what You desire of me. So Lord, I'm up and needing Your strength. Bless the prayers I sent up during the night and again this morning. May I see fruit from my prayers. Thank You Jesus for being My Strength. Amen.

No comments: