Sunday, September 23, 2018

Jeremiah 29:11 - "Wonder"



Saturday night...praying for pastors. Last night was focused on pastors to pray boldly so people will listen. He had me pray for people who were contemplating going to church to go; for those who had been away from church to return; and for pastors to preach what He gave them even when it was difficult. He also had me pray for my favorite pastor, my honey. He had me pray against discouragement in him; open ears for him to listen and follow His direction; and for restoration in his physical health. Today we celebrate twenty-nine years of marriage. The Lord had me pray for us, as a pastoral couple, to be more obedient to Him. He had me praying for us to take on more of His wisdom. What a blessing Doc is to me. I know I would not be where I am in my relationship with the Lord if it not for his encouragement. I woke up with these words going through my mind...

Have you ever seen the wonder
In the air of second life
Having come out of the waters
With the old one left behind
If you have so say …

I see the world in light
I see the world in wonder
I see the world in life
Bursting in living colour
I see the world Your way
And I'm walking in the light


Yes! I am so grateful for God giving us "the air of second life" many years ago. I also am grateful for the way my husband walks "in the light" of God. It makes it easier for me to live a life sold out to God. I don't know where God is leading us but I know He knows where and that is all that matters. I pray we will continue to walk this path of holiness.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors, especially my pastor. Thank You for the celebration we have today with twenty-nine years of marriage. Thank You for loving on us so greatly. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me. Empower me to be a better wife. You have changed me so much over the last twenty-nine years but I desire to be more changed so I can be more godly. Lord, once again I pray for people to not only hear the message You have put on pastors hearts but to listen intently. I pray for pastors to be bold in speech and for people to accept their boldness. Thank You Jesus for being My Light. Amen.

No comments: