Monday, September 10, 2018

Ephesians 3:20 - "All Things Are Possible"

I experienced God at His finest last evening. I love being a vessel of His that not only hears His voice but walks in obedience to it. Out of the blue He told me to pray for a friend that I talk to from time to time. We are states apart yet still connect periodically. He told me to pray "for a longing in her heart." He didn't give me any other information just that phrase. So I prayed. After I prayed He directed me to tell her I had prayed which I did. She asked me if there was something particular I prayed for. When I told her, she replied: "You are right on target..it's something that I'm asking for more clear direction on and was really seeking Him tonight." Wow, God! He is so good! He not only hears our prayers but encourages us by having others pray for us. I had no idea she was praying this but He did. I don't even know what it is she is praying for but I don't have to know. All I know is He asked me to pray and I did. Then He directed me to tell her I prayed and I did. When she found out He had me pray for her and for what she prayed for without me having insight, we were both blessed and encouraged. Our God is so great! He is so good! He encourages us in so many ways as we walk a life in His presence. Oh how I pray for more people to walk such a walk. There is much anticipation these days with Hurricane Florence headed toward the East Coast. This morning it 'appears' we are safe from a direct hit yet there is still the possibility. A lot can change over the next four days. But as I preached yesterday, God is in control. He is able!
He is able….
·     To do more                     
·     To do immeasurably more
·     To do immeasurably more than we ask

·     To do immeasurably more than we ask or imagine
He is able to take Florence out to sea so no one is effected. If it does hit landfall, He is able to empower those in its path. I heard a story at a meeting Saturday about a couple who are just now getting ready to get back into their home after it being destroyed by Hurricane Erma last year. They are still in temporary housing yet they have packed over a thousand shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child. They have been displaced yet God is using them to spread the Gospel through these boxes. He is able! I am so grateful for this knowledge! 

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for using me as Your vessel! Thank You for being my Strength! Thank You for bringing my friend before me to pray for at the same time she was praying! You are so awesome! I am so blessed by You! I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You! Lord, I ask for forgiveness for my crabbiness over another hurricane. I just don't want to evacuate again. There is so much stress involved in evacuation even though You are with us as humans stress happens in such situations. Father, I continue to pray for Florence to go out to sea. I also pray for Hurricanes Helene and Isaac in the Atlantic and Tropical Storm Paul in the Pacific as they are being watched. Protect the people in their path. I pray for all to be prepared for whatever is ahead and to know You are able to get them through whatever happens. Thank You Lord for being My Ableness! Amen.



No comments: