Friday, September 28, 2018

Psalm 23; Eph. 3:20-21; Phil. 4:13; Deut. 31:6, 8 - "Chainbreaker"

Sometimes I just want to cry but then my Heavenly Father reminds me He is with me at every moment of the day. He is with me when I am on the mountaintop and He is with me when I am deep in the valley. I do not know how people get through life without Him. After being woke up at 3:30 I tried unsuccessfully for an hour to go back to sleep. Then I gave up and got up. Five hours of sleep is not my cup of tea. I do not function well on it. But there is a lot to get accomplished today so I know I need to plug into the Lord's empowerment in a great way. He will not only get me through but He will bless me in the process. I know He will empower me with opportunities to love on others which will fill my tank. I also know He will give wisdom on times to rest and His wisdom in finishing my sermon outline for class. He gave me direction at 3:30 to pray for two men. One is getting ready to start cancer treatments and the other was life flighted last night with heart issues. I know the one is in relationship with the Lord but I'm unsure about the other. As I prayed, God had me pray for spiritual deepening in the one with cancer and spiritual awakening for the one with issues. He impressed upon me that the one with heart issues were not just physical but also spiritual. I also prayed for my Momma who had physical issues yesterday. I am grateful my sister Linda was there with her when it happened. Our family has been through so many times of turmoil in my lifetime. The one thing that was a constant for us through those times was God. Some of my family are not believers, some claim to be believers yet do not live as such, and then there are those who know what it means to know God is there at all times to get us through. This morning I am grateful for His Word that tells me I can do this day through His strength (Philippians 4:13). I also am grateful for His Word that tells me He is always here for me (Deuteronomy 31:6 and 8). Most of all I am grateful for His Word that tells me He will take care of me (Psalm 23). The last part of Psalm 23 goes along with Ephesians 3:20...


God desires to bless us. He desires to empower us through tough situations. In order for us to receive His blessings we first must believe in Him, repent of our sins, and accept the Holy Spirit into our lives. Living such a life is the way to living in peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for loving me so greatly. Thank You the way You use me to pray for others. Father, cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. In my human body, the day ahead could be rough due to limited sleep but I am praying for Your empowerment to come down upon me so I can not only get through the day but enjoy it in the process. Father, be with these two men I prayed for in a way they will know You are there. I also pray for the waiter yesterday who asked for prayer for his grandfather who has bad health and for my momma who is dealing with health issues. Lord, be greater than all of the physical ailments in these ones. Thank You Jesus for being My Chainbreaker! Amen.

No comments: