Sunday, September 2, 2018

Philippians 3:1-11 - "Resurrection Power"


The Lord only woke me once to pray for pastors last night. I guess it was because He started my praying yesterday morning. He had me pray for three groups.

  1. Those pastors who are seeking His will for a specific situation. He had me pray for them to not only hear what He says but then to follow His direction. He told me there are some who are questioning what He is telling Him and that is OK but they must accept what He gives them. This reminded me of when we felt led to South Carolina. When the first couple doors shut, we thought it was not God's will but we continued to trust Him for direction. We believe those doors were God's way of testing our obedience to see if we would continue to pray, believing He would direct us or give up and continue as we had been doing. If we would have given up and not kept believing, we would not be where we are today.
  2. Those pastors who are in a difficult situation in their church body. He had me pray that they would remember they are not in ministry alone. He has provided them with support people and they need to lean on them. He also had me pray for them to remember He is their strength (Phil. 4:13); He never leaves us (Heb. 13:5); and He knows what is ahead for us (Jer. 29:11-12). For those who are praying for more finances or people in their church, He may not bless with more until what He has already provided is not being used in the manner He desires. He also had me pray for peace in all situations because He is the Prince of Peace.
  3. Those pastors who are struggling in their personal life which is effecting their spiritual life. He had me pray for those who are not walking the road of obedience to His ways. He told me they know what they are doing is wrong but they make excuses for their actions. He also had me pray for their eyes to be opened to the things that are pulling them away from Him. I can't even begin to imagine how our actions break His heart when they are not what He desires. Jesus gave His life so we can live. There is no greater sacrifice yet many times that is taken advantage of. He deserves to be in communication with us. I know the deep hurt of not having communication with family and friends. I can't imagine the hurt He feels when His children do not communicate with Him.
The Lord also woke me to these words in "Resurrection Power"...

Now I have resurrection power
Living on the inside
Jesus, You have given us freedom
No longer bound by sin and darkness
Living in the light of Your goodness
You have given us freedom

As I was singing, I began to pray for all believers but especially pastors to realize the greatness of His resurrection power inside them. His resurrection power enables all believers to stand up against sin. It also enables the empowerment of the Holy Spirit to be vessels of healing for those who need a physical, mental, emotional, financial, or spiritual touch. When one allows the Lord to work in and through them, miracles happen. It is not in their power but in His this is possible. If more believers accepted this empowerment, many lives would be changed. If more embraced it, their lives would be changed. This morning I am praying for pastors especially to realize His resurrection power to its fullest.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the privilege to pray for pastors. Thank You for what You gave me to pray specifically for. Lord, cleanse me so You can fill me. Enable me to not only grasp Your resurrection power but to embrace and fulfill it. I pray for all believers but especially pastors to do the same. Lord, be with Doc today as we have different circumstances. I pray for the enemy to not have any open doors in our situation. May You be our words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. Once again, bless all pastors. Thank You Jesus for being My Resurrection Power. Amen.

No comments: