Saturday, September 29, 2018

Psalm 40:3 - "Chain Breaker"


This picture of when we were in Israel three years ago holds great meaning to me. First, I felt like I was singing a new song as we walked the streets of Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Nazareth, and Bethlehem. When we went for a tour underneath the old city, I took my sandals off and put my feet where they believe Jesus actually walked. What an experience to be where we knew He had been. This are no words to describe the emotions I felt as I stood on the bank of the Sea of Galilee and thought about the miracles that occurred there so many years ago. The second story behind the picture was that it was only a few weeks after returning home that I had a MS exacerbation. The doctors did the normal course of treatment followed by physical therapy yet I still had to have either the walker or cane to walk. This continued for nine months. The doctor said it is not possible for an exacerbation to last that long. I truly believe the enemy did not like the depth my faith went in Israel. When I had the experience with the MS, he attacked me. The depth of my faith is the third thing that is behind the story of this picture. As I stood at the Sea of Galilee looking at a statue of Peter, the Lord told me I needed to let go of the past. Peter was forgiven and used in a mighty way for the Lord. He told me He wanted to do the same with me. Woo hoo! There are days where I feel so blah and feel like I am not doing as the Lord desires. It is those days He shows me I am exactly where I am suppose to be, doing what He desires. Yesterday as I checked out at Kroger the young bagger started telling me what had happened to her family the day before. She was distraught. I could not understand all she said due to a speech impediment but I knew God heard every word. I'm not sure why she chose to tell me her story other than it was a God thing. I asked her if I could pray with her and she said yes. We took ahold of hands and I prayed. Afterward, she hugged and thanked me. When I got to the car, I started sobbing. God truly knew what I needed to fill my tank but He wasn't done for the day. When I asked our waitress at dinner if there was a way we could pray for her, she said she was going through some changes and needed God to continue to guide her. I prayed for her to have peace and to feel different before we left the restaurant. When she came back to check on us, she thanked us for the prayers and said she felt different about her situation. She felt comforted. Woo hoo, God! This morning I am praying for many who need to feel His peace...
  • Holbrook Family with Mike's health issues.
  • Billie as she prepares to start chemo
  • Mike as it appears his tumor is shrinking
  • Amy with her new job adventure
  • Dana as he awaits open heart surgery
  • Dale as he awaits doctor's decisions
  • Our government officials
  • The pilot from yesterday's airplane crash
  • David as he battles kidney stones
  • A friend with multiple places of cancer who has been sick
If you’ve got pain
He’s a pain taker
If you feel lost
He’s a way maker
If you need freedom or saving
He’s a prison-shaking Savior
If you’ve got chains
He’s a chain breaker

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders of our trip to Israel that encourage me so much. Thank You for the way You fill my tank when You know I am struggling. Thank You for the opportunity to love with Your love. Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You. Father, I praise Your Holy Name for Nancy's cancer surgery results this week! I praise Your Holy Name for John's good results from chemo this month. I continue to pray for all who are dealing with disease in their physical body to receive healing in their spiritual bodies so they will know Your peace. Thank You Jesus for being My Chain Breaker! Amen.

No comments: