Thursday, September 20, 2018

Psalm 30 - "Who You Say I Am"


This morning I woke up with these words going through my mind...

Who the Son sets free
Oh, is free indeed
I'm a child of God
Yes, I am
In my Father's house
There's a place for me
I'm a child of God
Yes, I am

I am chosen
Not forsaken
I am who You say I am
You are for me
Not against me
I am who You say I am


God had me read and ponder upon Psalm 30. This Psalm is about praising God for answering our prayers. The more we communicate with Him, the deeper our faith will go. As we go deeper in our faith, we will accept His answers to our prayers no matter if they are what we desire or not. I remember two years ago about this time as I started the road with breast cancer. I prayed for God to not let it be cancer but if it was then I asked for His strength to get through whatever was ahead. Psalm 30:2 reads, "O Lord my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me." Sometimes He heals miraculously; sometimes He heals through doctors and medications; sometimes He heals over a period of time; and sometimes He heals through death on this earth. No matter what, He answers our prayers. When a healing happens over a period of time, there is a reason. Sometimes it is to draw us deeper into relationship with Him. Sometimes it is for the spiritual benefit of another. We must never quit praying. Not because we will change His mind but because it will give Him time to change us. I have many on my prayer list for physical needs but I seem to concentrate more on spiritual needs. When we go through something such as cancer or other diseases, we need to see them as an opportunity from the Lord. It is not easy to do but there are so many blessings to be found with such an attitude. As we live in this manner, we will be blessed and we also will be a blessing to others. Today I am praying for...

  • One awaiting medical test results 
  • One who was put on a sixty-day probation with their job
  • Two who are seeking holiness to a greater extent
  • A child and a teen who are struggling with situations at school
  • Two elderly people who are struggling with 'life' and tired of all that is and is not happening in their lives
  • One who is struggling with hearing God's voice
  • A couple who need a miracle in their marriage
I am praying for each one of these dear people to wait on His direction and wisdom for their situations. When they do, they will receive His joy. I am praying they will not look to the ways of this world for their answers but instead trust God. When they do, they will receive His peace. I am praying they will depend upon Him. When they do, they will receive His strength. Most of all I am praying they will realize they are not in their situation alone. When they do, they will fully receive His love.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from Psalm 30 that You brought before me this morning. Thank You for the opportunity to pray for many who are going through tough days. Father, may each of them realize there is freedom in turning everything over to You. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me with more of You. May You ooze out of every word and action of mine today. May Your attitude show through me today in a great way. Lord, I also pray for Your wisdom to be mine as I make decisions. Thank You Jesus for being My Father. Amen.

No comments: