Sunday, September 16, 2018

James 1:2-3 - "Counting Every Blessing"


Wow, God! 
You are so great in the way You take care of us! 
You are so awesome in the way You direct us! 
You are so wonderful in the way You love us!
This last week was one of leaning on God's strength in my physical body, my mental body, my emotional body, and most of all my spiritual body. He was the only thing that got me through and I am grateful for that. I am thankful for the way He wrapped His arms around me during the times of emotionally falling apart. I am thankful for the way He gave me physical strength when I felt like I could no longer go on. I know there are many this morning feeling like they can't continue on as they deal with the devastation from Hurricane Florence. My heart goes out to those who have lost all of their earthly possessions but it really goes out to the seven families who lost loved ones from the storm. Last night the Lord woke me multiple times to pray for pastors who are dealing with the effects of Hurricane Florence and who are dealing with other storms in their life...

  • pastors who have no church to hold services in this morning
  • pastors who are making decisions on whether to have services or not today
  • pastors with a great financial burden if they miss even one Sunday of services
  • Pastor Scott as he preaches today while on the emotional rollercoaster of having his wife Billie diagnosed with breast cancer this week
  • Pastor Corey as he deals with anxiety
  • another pastor who continues to struggle with 'life' 
  • Pastor Tommy who was hospitalized this week
  • the young pastor's wife who continues to grieve his sudden death a few weeks ago
  • a pastor and his wife who are dealing with a foster care situation with three children
  • many pastors who are having a "Back to Church" Sunday today
  • Pastor Sam as he works with Pastor Terry and Pastor Brent with assistance for those effected by Hurricane Florence in South Carolina; Pastor Greg as he helps those in North Carolina
  • Retired Pastor Wendell whose family are dealing with his multiple health issues
So many pastors with so many 'storms' happening in their lives. May all of them feel His presence in a mighty way today and have peace in the midst of their storm. May they be able to find a blessing today even if in a very small way. He also had me pray for people who were going through 'storms' that are not in relationship with Him to find Him during these tough days. May there be believers love on them with His love. May they find His peace. He also had me pray for believers who are living with one foot in the world and the other with Him who are going through 'storms' right now. May they be fully committed to Him as He fills them with Himself. I prayed during the night for those who are lonely to not only lean further on His strength but to have people realize their loneliness and make more of an effort to make contact with them. We have so much to be thankful full, no matter what our circumstances are. God blesses us even in the midst of the 'storms' of life. Sometimes it is hard to find blessings but they are there if we just make the effort to find them.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the way You were so very real to me during Hurricane Florence. Thank You for the pastor and his wife who blessed us financially during this storm. Thank You for the opportunities You gave us to be You to people we came in contact with while away. Thank You for protecting us from Florence. I pray for those who are dealing with the devastation from this hurricane to feel Your presence in a mighty way. Lord, help us all to be more Christ-like while we are on this earth. We all go through 'storms' but none of us have to feel alone. Empower us to be filled with the Holy Spirit in such a way that You will ooze out of all of our words, actions, and especially from our attitude. Cleanse me so You can fill me with more of You. Thank You Jesus for being My Protector! Amen.






No comments: