Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Matthew 14:22-33 - "Walking On Water"


The story of the disciples being in the boat when a storm came up has great meaning to it. When Jesus told Peter to walk out onto the water to Him, Peter did. It was only when he took his focus off of God that he sunk. There is a lesson to be learned from this story. When we keep our focus on God, we will accomplish what He desires of us. It is only when we take our focus off of Him that we will stumble and perhaps even fall or in Peter's case start to sink. When we read this story, we see Peter's doubt and sinking. What we need to see is Peter's faith that enabled him to walk on the water. When we have such faith, we can do the impossible through the empowering of the Holy Spirit. As we live in His presence, we will be enabled to do things that are humanly impossible. I woke up this morning to the words of "Walking On Water" and thought of Peter's situation.

There's no turnin' back
Nothing in the past
My eyes are on You again
Can't see nothing at all
But Your outstretched arms
Help me believe it
Though I falter
You've got me walking on water


Yes! When we make the decision to trust God enough to keep our focus on Him, there needs to be "no turnin' back' but instead we need to stay focused on Him. He will open doors for us to do what He desires of us. He will give opportunities for those who stay focused to be empowered to do the unimaginable! He will give strength to do the impossible. All we have to do to receive this type of life is trust and have faith. Those two things are not always easy, especially if He is calling us out into unknown waters. As He calls us to go deeper, He will empower us with what we need to accomplish the tasks put before us. I needed this reminder today. Yesterday morning was spent on the phone taking  care of business. The emotional aspect of such a morning takes a toll on me physically. Stress and MS do not mix well. Usually after such a morning there is a nap that has to happen in the afternoon. Unfortunately, that was not possible yesterday so I was in bed last night by 8:45. When Mordecei woke me at 7AM, I still didn't feel like I had the stamina to get up so I laid back down. I do not use the word often but I 'hate' MS fatigue. The feeling that I just can't keep on is not one I deal with very well. But this morning I am focusing on God. Whatever He desires of me in the day ahead, is what I want to accomplish. If He keeps me resting today, so be it. If He wants me up and moving, so be it. I am trusting Him to direct me. I have faith He will empower me to do whatever He desires. I refuse to allow the enemy an open door with this situation. My God is greater than MS fatigue. May God is greater than the enemy. My God is greater than the nastiness put on me through a woman's words yesterday. My God is greater than frustration over people not doing their jobs. My God is greater than Doc running out of medicine. Plain and simple. My God is greater.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminder of Peter's story! Thank You for Your love, mercy, and grace! Thank You for cleansing me so You can fill me to overflowing with more of You! Father, direct me today as I deal with this fatigue. May You empower me to do what You desire of me. Lord, I also pray for all of the children who were unable to come to activity night due to illness. I pray for Gavin who got sick last night. I also pray for protection for children in classrooms with sick children. Lord, I pray for ones like little Eli who already have a compromised system to be protected from germ causing bugs. I think of little Richie who is in school and doing chemo. Lord, protect him. Father, thank You for resolve with the car situation. I pray as the repairs will be done in a timely manner without having major ones involved. I pray for the lady who caused the accident to find You. Once again, I thank You for being The One I Trust! Amen.

No comments: