Sunday, September 9, 2018

Hebrews 12:1-3 - "Overcome"


Sometimes I think my Saturday night praying for pastors puts me in the direct line of hits from the enemy. To that I say 'bring it on' because my God is greater than anything. It is no wonder the Lord woke me to these words this morning after praying so often during the night and to what I woke up to morning...

We will overcome 
By the blood of the Lamb
And the word of our testimony
Everyone overcome


Yes! I will overcome anything thrown my way because Jesus died on the cross for me to live a victorious life. He did that for all of us. The desire in His heart is for us to live empowered by His Holy Spirit. He had me pray during the night for... 

  • pastors to be prayed up themselves as they go into the pulpit today
  • pastors to be sanctified wholly as they lead their flock
  • John who is on his last Sunday of sabbatical to go back refreshed and renewed
  • myself as I preach what He has laid on my heart for the people in our congregation
  • people to be in churches today where the Gospel is preached boldly and not sugar coated
  • pastors who need a "freshness in their walk" to realize He needs control of every aspect of their life
This morning the enemy seemed to be working overtime. I knew things he put things in my path to deter me because I felt darkness as I searched for the tri-pod to video my sermon for school. I prayed for God to give me clarity on where I put it and after that I walked right to where it was in the garage even though it was not seen on previous searches. I woke up with the same headache that I have had for the last three days. As I watched my husband pacing the floor with kidney stone pain my heart broke. I am thankful it was already planned for me to preach but I sure don't like to see him in such pain. As I cleaned up from Mordecei puking the tears started to the surface but as I prayed for God to give me strength I felt empowered to "overcome"! Jesus' death and resurrection is our testimony. We will "overcome" by proclaiming this testimony. We will "overcome" when we walk on the road of obedience to His will. We must "overcome" on this earth if we want to live with Him forever in eternity.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for being my strength throughout the stress of this morning. Father, I pray for Doc to be out of pain. I pray for Your strength to be His strength. Lord, I pray for a cleansing in my spirit so You can fill me. I pray for empowerment as I preach so people will realize the blessing of walking with You in obedience. Father, just as I prayed throughout the night, bring boldness to the lips of those in pulpits today. Lord, enable all to be an overcomer for You. Thank You Jesus for being My Testimony! Amen.

No comments: