Friday, September 7, 2018

Matthew 14:22-36 - "Oceans"


Since I had to get up early this morning I went to bed early last night. After praying I fell right to sleep which was a blessing. So many times if things are out of the ordinary I struggle with going to sleep. God woke me up at 11:39 with clear direction to look at my phone and pray. A dear friend had sent a message asking for prayer as she is facing a breast biopsy. My heart breaks for all who go through these. The waiting time between finding a lump or something showing on a mammogram until the time of a biopsy is difficult to get through. I remember when I was going through this time Hurricane Matthew decided to make an appearance which delayed by biopsy even longer. My reply to this dear one was to not allow the enemy any open doors through fear. No matter what the outcome God is greater! I encouraged her not to think of the 'what ifs' but trust God and allow Him to soothe her soul. I have been blessed with having ladies in her situation ask me to pray for them. Some ended up with 'good' results while others not so much. I think back on my time with my breast cancer diagnosis and how I drew deeper in my faith as I trusted God for my future. I continue to trust Him. The cancer may show itself again at any time. If it does, God is greater than it. Just as He is my strength with the MS, He is also my strength with the cancer. Sometimes the waves of disease became great squalls and you feel like you are drowning. Praise God He is always there to save us. Just as He was with Peter when they were out in a storm. Peter's faith allowed him to walk on the water just as God told him to. It was only when he took his focus off of God that Peter began to sink. We must stay focused on Him, especially to get through tough times such as biopsy's. As we allow Him to take our hand and lead us, He will provide exactly what is needed for each day. He will give us encouragement as we read His Word and pray. Some of my favorite verses I clung to during my cancer diagnosis were:

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Prov. 3:5&6

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil.  For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm.  Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God,  praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.  Ephesians 6:10-18a

I do not understand how people get through the storms of life without His strength. Today I am praying for all who are going through storms to find His peace.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me last night to pray for this one. Father, may Your peace be her peace in this storm. May she feel Your loving arms wrapped around her in such a way that there will be no room for the enemy to cause fear. Father, I pray You will cleanse me this morning so You can fill me up to overflowing with more of You. I pray for people to see/hear You instead of me today. Thank You for my time this morning with my two little guys. It brought back a lot of memories of getting our boys off to school. Oh how I miss those days but I especially miss my 'babies.' Father, soothe this Momma's heart in a way only You can do. Thank You Jesus for being My Lifeguard! Amen.


No comments: