Monday, September 3, 2018

Psalm 63 - "Come To The Table"


These words were going through my mind when I went to bed last night, again at 3AM, and once again this morning...

Come to the table
Come join the sinners who have been redeemed
Take your place beside the Savior
Sit down and be set free
Come to the table

There is so much freedom in a life with Christ. When we realize we are not in charge, there is freedom to not be chained to day planners or lists. I am so thankful the Lord made me realize that I do not need to get up each morning and make a list of what I need 'to do' when I am walking the road of obedience to Him. He directs my path on where to go and what to do. He puts opportunities before me with people who need to feel His love. The only time I make a list now is when there is something different happening like lunch yesterday. As I made my list of what I needed to not forget to get out of the fridge for lunch I was blessed in thinking about how I use to make a list for every day but no longer need to. Woo hoo! I was so tied to those lists. I would not go to bed at night until everything was crossed off of a list. The stress I put myself and others under was ridiculous. But at the time I thought it was the only way I could live. Praise God for the freedom He gave me! Praise Him for the change I received in all areas of my life when I took the step of allowing Him to be in total control. No longer did I need to worry about circumstances but instead could turn them over to Him. Right now I am praying for the car situation to be resolved. I do not know how it will be but I pray from a financial standpoint we will have favor. I continue to pray for God to give me wisdom and the right attitude through this situation. I do not understand why it happened nor how it will be resolved but I am embracing His peace in knowing I do not have to know those things. I also am embracing the knowledge that my faith in Him will see me through whatever is ahead. I must have faith with the financial aspect. He will provide. I must have faith in the timing aspect. There is a reason she is not answering the calls from her insurance company. Plain and simple. I must have faith. I must find reasons to praise Him through this time of unknown. I must realize once again that He already knows the ending of this chapter in the story of my life. He took me to Psalm 63 came this morning. I am so grateful for the way He encourages me through His Word.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with the gathering of our church family for worship and lunch. Thank You for the way You continue to encourage me throughout tough situations. Thank You for the bike ride we took last night and the neighbor we met for the first time. Thank You for all the ways You show Your love to us. Father, cleanse me of anything not of You so You can fill me up with more of You. May You overflow out of my words, actions, and attitude throughout this day. May You be greater than me. May Your love shine brightly from me. Lord, thank You once again for all You are to me. I pray for family who will be at Uncle Harold's funeral to feel Your presence in a mighty way. Thank You Jesus for him no longer in pain but instead resting in Your arms. Thank You for being My Freedom Maker. Amen.

No comments: