Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Ephesians 6:10-20; 3:18 - "God of All My Days"

These words...oh my...

Each step I take
You make a way
And I will give You all my praise
My seasons change, You stay the same
You're the God of all my days

In my worry, God You are my stillness
In my searching, God You are my answers
In my blindness, God You are my vision
In my bondage, God You are my freedom
In my weakness, God You are my power
You're the reason that I sing
'Cause You're the God of all my days

God knew exactly what I needed to be reminded of this morning. He is the "God of all my days" just as the song goes. He is the God of the days that seem 'good' and He is the God of the 'bad' ones. He is the God when I am on the mountaintop and He is the God when I am in the valley. He is the God of this rollercoaster ride we are on with Hurricane Florence. Yesterday it turned north so evacuation was lifted so we stayed at home. Later in the day it turned south again. This morning when I got up it was back north again and now the latest map shows the probability of impact being south again. It is a roller coaster ride for the emotional body. That in turn effects the MS in my physical body. The best part about it is it strengthens my spiritual body. I listened to a sermon yesterday on the armor of God from Ephesians 6. What a great reminder of what we need to do to be armed for the Lord. We need all the pieces of armor on at all time. The helmet of salvation; sword of the Spirit; breastplate of righteousness; shield of faith; belt of truth; and shoes of peace. Verses eighteen through twenty are often overlooked when talking of the armor of God but it is so important to pray in the Spirit.

 


Prayer is key as one lives a life of obedience to the Lord. Prayer is a way of communication with Him. There was a discussion in my class this week about prayer and fasting. I get so caught up in my daily walk with the Lord that sometimes I forget not everybody is at the same point in their relationship with Him. Some are deeper in their walk than I am while others are not as deep. No matter what depth people are at in their relationship, as long as they are seeking to walk a path of obedience, they are on the right track. The desire of my heart is to stay on track with Him so I am pleasing Him. I prayed for Him to direct my sermon from the start of study to the end of presentation. I felt accomplished when it was over. There were some things I wished I would have done better but I felt like I gave what He desired of me. I also hoped the professor would be pleased but as Doc had prayed she is not the one to please. When I received her email saying "Your sermon was great! I enjoy hearing you preach!" I was excited until I saw my grade was the same as the last time. I started to get down about it and then started getting mad until the Lord wrapped His arms around me and assured me it was what He wanted me to preach and that is all that matters. She gave me an A- and I needed to realize that was good enough. He reminded me that it was only a grade coming from her but what was most important was His approval. This reminded me of how many times when a child grows up in a home with constant negativeness they will grow to be a very unhappy adult who feels like they are not good enough. We all are good enough for God as He loves on us and directs our path. The more we are in communication with Him, the more we will be able to not only hear His voice but walk in obedience. The more we hear His voice, the more we will understand what He desires of us. The deeper our faith goes, the more we will realize the words of Paul in Ephesians 3:18....

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders from this song and from Your Word this morning! You are truly the "God of All Days"! Your love is shown so greatly to me in so many ways! Thank You seems so inadequate to say but I am so grateful You are My Guide, My Comfort, My Heavenly Daddy who wraps His arms around me. I am so grateful You will cleanse me of any impurities from yesterday and fill me today with all of You. Father, I do not know what is ahead in this day but I do know You are in control. I know Your wisdom will be ours as decisions are made. I also know You will continue to uplift us and encourage us. Thank You Jesus for being The God of All My Days! Amen.

No comments: