Monday, September 17, 2018

Proverbs 17:22 - "Counting Every Blessing"


Sometimes praying can be overwhelming. When you start thinking about how many people you know are dealing with a disease, it hurts your heart. As you see people struggle with their physical bodies there are many times you also see spiritual struggles and that really hurts. The Lord had me praying before I went to bed last night and then again just four hours later for many who are dealing with tough days. I prayed for their physical bodies but I prayed most for their spiritual bodies. I prayed they would go deeper in their faith if they were believers. I also prayed if they were not in relationship with Him, they would find Him. It seems as if there is so much cancer in this world and it always seems to be on the top of the list when God leads me to pray for physical needs...

  • Billie with the recent breast cancer diagnosis; Nada who is returning to work after her surgery and treatments; Lisa who is battling the return of breast cancer; Cindy as she awaits biopsy results; a man who is waiting on test results; Janet as she prepares for treatments; Little Richie; Mike; Dale; Sheryl; Nola; Roberta; Nancy as she awaits surgery
  • Those with continual health issues: Mike; Paula; Melanie; Mr. Fran; Wendell; Deb; Buck; Norma
  • Those in pain: my Momma; Dawn
  • Little Eli with his immune deficiency
  • Valerie with her back/hip issues
  • Many with diabetes including Doc
  • Elizabeth with a brain tumor
I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Letting go and trusting when I cannot see
I am counting every blessing, counting every blessing
Surely every season You are good to me

We all go through different seasons in life but the one thing we can be assured of is God is with us. There are many who question why God causes things such as disease to happen. He does not cause them but He does allow them so people will realize they need His strength to get through such times. He uses turmoil in our physical bodies so our spiritual bodies will be healthy. It is so hard to count your blessings when going through tough times in your physical body. The thing I have learned over and over is that when we count our blessings, He will bless us in abundance. The more we praise Him, the more we will be uplifted. As we accept the season of life we are in, He will strengthen us. I have heard many times that a person's attitude can enable them to get physically better. I believe that is possible when one stays positive through the Lord. He knows exactly what is needed and will provide as He is allowed.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the opportunity to pray for those dealing with physical issues. Father, I pray You will empower them with Your strength. I pray for doctors to have wisdom as they treat them. Father, I pray for a cleansing in not only my physical body but especially my spiritual body so You can fill me with more of You. May You shine through me in the week ahead. I pray for restoration of physical health for these I have prayed for along with myself. Father, be greater, be stronger, be more than imaginable through me. Thank You Jesus for being The One To Bless Me. Amen.



No comments: