Thursday, January 1, 2015

II Timothy 1:7; Nehemiah 8:10 - "It's Alright"

Woo hoo!!!!  I just love how the Lord wakes me up with a song that encourages me so greatly!  "It's Alright" by Brandon Heath was my blessing this morning.  The chorus goes...

It's alright
Everything will be okay
You just hold tight
I'll be with you the whole way
When you're weak, I'll be strong
Keep going, we're almost home
It's alright
Everything will be okay


I wish I could blare the music out and do a happy dance right now.  But I guess I better wait since Doc didn't get in until wee hours of the morning.  I don't think he would like it too much to wake up to such things.  But then again, I would imagine he would be blessed in knowing the Lord encouraged me this morning.

Yesterday, in my heart, I knew everything would be OK as the doctor talked yet my mind started wandering.  The "what ifs" started putting fear into me.  I was blessed with His reminder of II Timothy 1:7.  He doesn't give me a spirit that makes me afraid but He gives me a spirit of power, love and self-control.  Woo hoo!  His power and love are shown through me each and every day.  It is through my self-control of not allowing fear to overtake me that will get me through another physical battle.  



Nehemiah 8:10 gives me encouragement to stay close to the Lord.  I can have His joy when I remember to keep joy in the proper perspective.  
Jesus
Others
Yourself

Dear Jesus,
Thank You, thank You, thank You for these reminders this morning.  Thank You for the reminder that everything will be OK because You will never leave me.  Thank You for the reminder of keeping the right perspective in life so that I may be able to truly have Your joy.  Father, You are just so awesome.  I praise You for the way You are my Joy.  I praise You for the way You fill me up with more of You and less of me in order for me to be Your faithful servant.  Lord, guide my steps and my words today for others to see/hear You through me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Joy.  Amen.




No comments: