Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Romans 8:38-39 - "He Knows"

The words to "He Knows" is in my mind this morning.  Sometimes we need reminded that the Lord knows what we are going through.  He knows the hurt we are feeling over the death of a loved one.  He knows the apprehension we have as we await medical testing or results.  He knows the darkness we feel as we go through issues in our relationships.  "He Knows."  Plain and simple…"He Knows."  He also knows the outcome of our situation.  We don't have to worry about our future when we allow Him to be our future.  

HE KNOWS, HE KNOWS 
EVERY HURT AND EVERY STING
HE HAS WALKED THE SUFFERING
HE KNOWS, HE KNOWS
LET YOUR BURDENS COME UNDONE
LIFT YOUR EYES UP TO THE ONE
WHO KNOWS
HE KNOWS


The song continues

we may faint and we may sink
feel the pain and near the brink
but the dark begins to shrink
when you find the one who knows

the chains of doubt that held you in between
one by one are starting to break free

"but the dark begins to shrink when you find the one who knows…"  Even when we know Him the darkness can still come into our life.  But once again we must remember that He is there to love us, to heal us and most of all to restore us.

Romans 8:38-39 reads…
For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
As I read these verses, I think about how the enemy tries to destroy people through circumstances.  He finds a foothold into their life to destroy their family.  He finds a way to get into the lives of believers in some very conniving ways.  We, as believers, have the Lord's strength to stand up against Him.  Unfortunately, the enemy makes us feel weak which in turn causes us to fall away from the Lord.  He never leaves us.  It is we who walk away from Him.  

This morning I am praying for so many different people who are going through some tough circumstances in their lives.  

  • Some with deaths.  
  • Some with illnesses.  
  • Some with parent/children issues.  
  • Some with marriage issues.  
  • Some with addiction issues in their families.
  • Some with financial issues.
Dear Jesus,
Would You come down upon these people and be so real to them, right now, right where they are?  Would You fill them with You in such a way they will know someone is praying for them?  Father, You have brought Doc and I through each one of these issues, some of them multiple times and I praise You for that.  I praise You for the way Your presence heals.  I praise You for the way Your words through others heals.  I praise You for the way a life of surrender heals and strengthens the spiritual heart.  Oh Lord, I cry out to You this morning for these ones who are going through some nasty times in their life.  Lord, draw them closer to Yourself.  I also ask that You fill me with more of You and less of me so that I can better love on these ones who are hurting so greatly. Lord, thank You for the appointment finally set for my testing.  Lord, I know this may sound selfish but instead of needing to go to that appointment, I pray for a healing in my arm.  I pray for the pain to be gone through Your miraculous touch.  Lord, if that is not Your will then I pray for You to be glorified through this pain in whatever way is Your will. Thank You Jesus for being My Healer.  Amen.


No comments: