Monday, January 26, 2015

John 10:3 -"He Knows My Name"

The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.  John 10:3
Woo hoo!  I love when the Lord wakes me up with a song!  Today's was "He Knows My Name" that Francesca Battistelli sings.  I love these words…

I'm not meant to just stay quiet
I'm meant to be a lion
I'll roar beyond a song
With every moment that I've got
True to who You are
You saw my heart
And made
Something out of nothing

These words encourage me to continue doing what I'm doing.  They encourage me to do as the Lord directs me.  "You saw my heart…And made…Something out of nothing."  When the Lord accepted me back to relationship with Him, He blessed me in abundance.  Once again when He called me to be a Medical Chaplain I was so blessed.  I keep thinking about yesterday's sermon.  When Doc asked how many people took the spiritual gifts test and was surprised by the results, I chuckled.  I definitely wasn't expecting the results I received.  It's funny because I had taken it before a few different times over the years and always received the same results.  It's been awhile since I took it and the results truly show the way the Lord is leading me.  What a blessing to be serving the Lord!  

"He Knows My Name" is a song that makes me feel loved and accepted.  I love these words…

I'm already so adored
It's all His stage
He knows my name oh, oh

Living a life for the Lord is rewarding but more importantly it's a life of contentment.  Living in His presence where I hear His voice is one that is also rewarding.  Knowing He loves me and is directly every moment in my days is the best way to live.  I am praying for more believers to find this life.  I pray believers will go beyond salvation to the point of being sold out to Him.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this song this morning that encourages me so greatly.  Thank You for reminding me of Your love.  Lord, You are so awesome.  Father, more of You and less of me is my plea.  I know as You become greater in me I will be able to be more effective for You.  I love that not only do I hear Your voice but You also hear mine.  Father, I pray for people who are living their life just coasting along with being happy with their salvation to dig in deeper and be fully sanctified for You.  Lord, speak to them so they can hear.  I also pray for those who aren't in relationship with You.  I pray someone will say or do something so they may find You.  Lord, continue to use me as the willing servant I am.  Thank You for being My Gatekeeper.  Amen.


No comments: