Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mark 11:12-19 - "Overwhelmed"

12 The next day as they were leaving Bethany, Jesus was hungry. 13 Seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to find out if it had any fruit. When he reached it, he found nothing but leaves, because it was not the season for figs. 14 Then he said to the tree, "May no one ever eat fruit from you again." And his disciples heard him say it. 15 On reaching Jerusalem, Jesus entered the temple area and began driving out those who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves, 16 and would not allow anyone to carry merchandise through the temple courts. 17 And as he taught them, he said, "Is it not written: " 'My house will be called a house of prayer for all nations' ? But you have made it 'a den of robbers.' " 18 The chief priests and the teachers of the law heard this and began looking for a way to kill him, for they feared him, because the whole crowd was amazed at his teaching.19 When evening came, they went out of the city.  
Mark 11:12-19

This morning the Lord woke me up a half hour early to pray for the service.  I prayed for the people who normally attend, visitors and most especially for the guests from Teen Challenge that I knew were coming.  As I prayed for them, the Holy Spirit goosebumps came over me.  The Lord revealed to me that something was going to happen in the service that wouldn't be something we see every service.  I was so excited to go to church to see what would happen.  As Adavee and the praise team led us in worship, participation was awesome and once again the Holy Spirit goosebumps came upon me.  Then when Doc had the board and staff lay hands on the girls from Teen Challenge I was overwhelmed.  As I saw tears flow in them, the tears flowed from me.  We blessed them with our prayers not only today but in the days ahead.  Doc prayed for them to draw close to the Lord and to have His strength as they have a new start in life.  He also prayed for the facility and workers.  What a blessing!

I love the words on their website…

Teen Challenge is holistic – meaning that we are concerned with the body, mind, and spirit of those who come to us for help. We endeavor to help people become mentally sound, emotionally balanced, socially adjusted, physically well, and spiritually alive.  We are confident that a restored relationship with God, through Jesus Christ, can transform those who are broken into vibrant, free, and sober people.

"…a restored relationship with God…"  Woo hoo!  Yes!  When we get to the end of ourselves and surrender to the Lord, we will be blessed with restoration.  The road ahead of us in such a situation is a tough one BUT it's not impossible!  

I'm so blessed with being in a church that has an emphasis on prayer.  Our monthly prayer emphasis service is so special as we have a different group or ministry that we focus on.  I was also blessed to see what God revealed to me this morning come to life in the service.  One of the girls from Teen Challenge raised her hand for salvation!  Woo hoo!  Thank You Jesus!

I think of the song "Overwhelmed" that was part of our worship service this morning...

I know the power of Your Cross
Forgiven and free forever You'll be my God
And all that You've done is so overwhelming
I delight myself in You
In the Glory of Your Presence
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You
And God I run into Your arms
Unashamed because of mercy
I'm overwhelmed, I'm overwhelmed by You

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Willard Church of the Nazarene who cares about people enough to pray for them.  Thank You for the Teen Challenge facility in Willard that have opened their doors to these ladies.  Thank You for the one from the facility and the other two people who received salvation this morning.  I also pray for all of those who raised their hands for needing prayer that are going through tough times.  Father, bless each one of them by showing Yourself to them in a mighty way.  Father, I also pray a blessing of a physical touch upon the one Marlene and I prayed over this morning and the one Doc and I visited in ICU this afternoon.  Oh dear Jesus, may people feel Your presence in their situation.  Lord, I pray as I go to the hospital tomorrow and minister that You will fill me with more of You and less of me so I will be more effective.  Thank You Jesus for being My Blesser.  Amen.


No comments: