Saturday, January 31, 2015

Various Verses in John - "I Am"

“I am” sayings - ...Jesus speaks with authority and dignity as God...
  1. “I am the bread of life” (6:35)
  2. “I am the light of the world (8:12)
  3. “I am the gate for the sheep (10:7)
  4. “I am the good shepherd (10:11)
  5. “I am the resurrection and the life” (11:25)
  6. “I am the way, and the truth, and the life” (14:6)
  7. “I am the true vine” (15:1)
When I think of the saying I am, I think of Crowder's song "I Am"…

I am
Holding on to You
I am
Holding on to You
In the middle of the storm
I am holding on 
I am 


I am so grateful that Jesus is my I Am.  I am grateful for the love and mercy He shows to be each and every day.  I am also grateful for the way He puts people in my life who encourage me, prayer for me and support me in so many different ways.  Most of all I am grateful He is my Good Shepherd who leads me.  Right now as I deal with what I call "junk" He is giving me the prayer support of friends.  I'm at a point where I don't know how to pray except for to prayer for His will and peace upon me as I seek answers.  I had a friend tell me this morning that "waiting is the hardest part" and boy is that ever true.  I want answers now…LOL.  "I" is the important word in this sentence.  Evidently the Lord has other plans…He has a lesson to be learned…or a plan on how to work out this "junk"…whatever, it is in His hands.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for all of the ways You show Your love, grace and mercy to me.  I pray for more of You and less of me so that I can react to things as this "junk" in a better way.  Lord, I pray for the family I was with last night.  Father, give them an added dose of Your strength today.  I praise You for the birth yesterday and the surgery on the newborn that went well.  I praise You for the continued improvement in the 2 yr old I've been praying for.  Lord, there are so many physical bodies that need healed but most importantly I am praying for a healing in the spiritual bodies that need You so greatly.  Thank You Jesus for being My I Am.  Amen.


No comments: