Monday, January 19, 2015

Psalm 145 - "My Praise"

I was told the most amazing story today of how one came into relationship with the Lord.  It truly is a story that you would think was fiction but as I listened to this one tell it and I saw the expressions on their face, I knew it was the work of the Lord.  It went like this…

This person doesn't have any family but they had a cat for thirteen years (since the time it was a kitten) that they loved dearly.  The cat was diagnosed with leukemia and the vet told the person it would die within two months.  This person cancelled all of their appointments for two months to spend the last days this cat had to be alive.  The days were spent just sitting and watching the cat lay.  It was during this two month time that the person picked up a Bible a principal of a Christian school had given them.  As they read about Jesus healing, they began to wonder if Jesus would heal an animal.  They dropped to their knees and laid hands on the cat as the Bible said happened when people were healed.  They cried out to the Lord and begged Him to heal the cat.  As soon as they were done praying, the cat's body started moving and jerking.  All at once the cat got up and started running around the house. They heard a voice say, "You will have six years with this cat."  

The person thought if Jesus can hear my cry for my cat and heal it then He is someone I want to know.  They asked Jesus into their heart that day and has served Him every day since.  They told me the cat lived the six years promised to them and then it died.  

Wow…God is amazing!  We just never know what He will do to grab our heart.  We never know what He will use to get our attention.  I've heard stories about people being sick or dying and coming to know Him but I can say that I've never heard of a cat leading one to being saved.  This story encouraged me in so many ways but most importantly it encouraged me to never give up praying for unsaved loved ones.  We just never know what will finally get their attention.  

Days are getting tougher and tougher for so many people.  My prayer list gets longer and longer each and every day.  I was blessed by a lady today who shared with me that the Lord wants to hear our praises, not just our petitions.  He already knows the outcome of situations but He wants to hear our praises to be glorified through the petitions.  That's an interesting way of looking at things.

Psalm 145

I will exalt you, my God the King;
    I will praise your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise you
    and extol your name for ever and ever.
Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise;
    his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation commends your works to another;
    they tell of your mighty acts.
They speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty—
    and I will meditate on your wonderful works.[b]
They tell of the power of your awesome works—
    and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They celebrate your abundant goodness
    and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
    slow to anger and rich in love.
The Lord is good to all;
    he has compassion on all he has made.
10 All your works praise you, Lord;
    your faithful people extol you.
11 They tell of the glory of your kingdom
    and speak of your might,
12 so that all people may know of your mighty acts
    and the glorious splendor of your kingdom.
13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom,
    and your dominion endures through all generations.
The Lord is trustworthy in all he promises
    and faithful in all he does.[c]
14 The Lord upholds all who fall
    and lifts up all who are bowed down.
15 The eyes of all look to you,
    and you give them their food at the proper time.
16 You open your hand
    and satisfy the desires of every living thing.
17 The Lord is righteous in all his ways
    and faithful in all he does.
18 The Lord is near to all who call on him,
    to all who call on him in truth.
19 He fulfills the desires of those who fear him;
    he hears their cry and saves them.
20 The Lord watches over all who love him,
    but all the wicked he will destroy.
21 My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord.
    Let every creature praise his holy name
    for ever and ever.
Dear Jesus,
I praise your Holy Name for today.  I praise You for using me to be minister to so many people.  I praise You for the way You blessed me today through people.  Lord, You are so awesome.  Lord, bring people who aren't in relationship with You to their breaking point.  Speak to them in a way they can hear Your voice.  Father, I pray for You to use things such as a pet to draw people to You.  Lord, more of You and less of me is the reason I am able to do what You put before me.  Please continue to fill me with You.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Want To Praise.  Amen.




No comments: