Sunday, January 4, 2015

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "From The Inside Out"

Wow…wow…wow!  I was so blown away by the way the Lord spoke to me during praise and worship this morning.  When I went to bed last night, I prayed that if I was going to get the flu like Doc has that the Lord would wake me up with a fever so I knew to stay home.  No fever so off to church I went.  I was totally overwhelmed by His presence as we started singing.  I asked Him to be glorified through me as I sought more of Him and less of myself.  The words were flowing from me in song and then in prayer.  I went to the altar and cried out to Him to be glorified through me.  The song "From The Inside Out" hit me so hard today...

Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades
Never ending, Your glory goes beyond all fame

My heart and my soul, I give You control
Consume me from the inside out Lord
Let justice and praise, become my embrace
To love You from the inside out

Your will above all else, my purpose remains
The art of losing myself in bringing you praise

I asked the Lord to reveal to me anything that I might be holding back from Him.  I also asked Him to consume me in more of a way than He ever has.  I prayed for Him to make Himself so much more real to me than I've ever felt.  When Kathy came up and prayed with me, she blessed me with her words too.  As she prayed for my physical ailments, I felt tingles from the "tip of my head to the tip of my toes" when those words came out of her mouth.  I was feeling like I was going to explode with Him.  Pastor James asked if anyone had a praise to share and I wanted to speak so badly but I was so overwhelmed I couldn't speak.  I basked in His presence as I let Him sink in deeper in me.

As Pastor James was preaching, he brought out that we need to trust the Lord.  Immediately, my mind went to Proverbs 3:5-6.  Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight.  No matter what happens to us, He is there.  We don't have to understand why or what we are going through.  All we have to do is trust Him with our whole being.  The lyrics, "My heart and my soul, I give You control…" is what it's all about.  When we give total control to Him, we show Him we trust Him.  

After church I had an opportunity to talk with one going through some tough stuff.  As I shared Proverbs 3:5-6 with her, she said she trusts God but wonders if she really trusts Him.  She doesn't have peace that she believes should come with trusting Him.  I explained that when we trust Him we will receive peace through Him but it doesn't mean our circumstances will go away.  It just means He will get us through them.  As we trust Him we will be able to say, "Your will above all else, my purpose remains…The art of losing myself in bringing you praise…"

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for blessing me this morning in so many ways!  Thank You for loving me "From The Inside Out"…woo hoo!  You are so awesome!  Thank You for Kathy's prayers over me!  Lord, more of You and less of me is the only way I want to live.  Father, I pray a blessing upon Adavee who leads us in worship and in Pastor James who preached for Doc today.  I pray You will continue to bless them and their family.  Lord, thank You for the service today.  I was so blessed and pray that all that were there were also blessed in one way or another.  Thank You Jesus for being The One To Consume Me!  Amen.




No comments: