Saturday, January 3, 2015

Psalm 23; John 10:10b; John 14:6; II Cor 3:18 - Perisson



As I was having breakfast with a friend this morning I was reminded of a picture I saw the other day on the internet.  I wish I would have saved it but unfortunately didn't.  It had pretty lavender flowers overflowing in a teacup with the scripture from Psalm 23 on it, specifically verse five where it reads, "…my cup runneth over."  I shared with my friend that the only way we can truly experience His blessings in our lives is for us to surrender to Him.  It is through surrender of every aspect of our life that He has the open door to bless us.  His blessings come through opportunities He puts before us.  They also come through relationships that encourage us.  When we surrender to Him, we will receive peace and contentment that can't be found in any other way than in a life of surrender.  

Psalm 23 takes on a whole new meaning once we surrender.
Vs 1 - We will not want anything other than Him.
Vs 2 - He leads us through a life of surrender in a whole new way.
Vs 3 - Restoration leads us into a life of holiness when we surrender to Him.
Vs 4 - Fear is no longer part of our daily life because He is greater than anything that comes our way.
Vs 5 - His presence is so great in all that we do as we live a life of surrender to Him.
Vs 6 - His blessings are so great as we walk the walk He so desires of us.

As I have learned how to live a life of surrender to the Lord I have learned the abundance of His blessings.  The day I realized the meaning of "The Lord is my shepherd…" "my cup runneth over" took on new meaning.  The most exciting part of this life is that I am seeing part of heaven while here on this earth.  John 10:10b reads, "I came that they might have life, and might have it abundantly."  Woo hoo!  God's grace is what overflows through my cup.  I was reading about how the life He gives us is perisson.  The meaning of that word is "to have a surplus, superabundance, till it overflows."  I love this concept!  Jesus gives us Himself (John 14:6).  A life of surrender to Him gives us an abundant life.  "My cup runneth over" means my life isn't just full but it is overflowing.  In order to be overflowing it first must be that I am overflowing with Him.  He must be in abundance in me in order to overflow through me.  

It is through the overflow of Him in me that gives me the desire to have more of Him in me.  Each and every day I pray for more of Him and less of me in order to be in the life the Lord so desires of me.  As I come before Him and drink more of Him, He reassures me that He will never run dry in me.  He also reassures me that as I drink from this life of surrender my cup will continue to overflow.  I am a changed person through this life and will continue to be "changed from glory to glory" (II Cor 3:18).  This is an exciting path He is leading me down.  I look forward to each and every day as I experience more of Him and see the effect of Him through me in the lives of others.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for this life of overflow.  Thank You for all of the blessings I am experiencing through this life of surrender.  Lord, I know I've asked before but once again I ask for more of You and less of me in order to do the desires of Your heart.  Father, direct my steps and my words so that others will see You in me.  Lord, I pray for a physical touch upon my husband today.  I pray against sickness in his body.  I also continue to pray for Your will with this numbers and pain in my arms.  I pray for You to be glorified in all that I do and in all that is down through me.  Thank You Jesus for being My Perisson!  Amen.

No comments: