Saturday, January 24, 2015

Proverbs 31; Job 29 - Virtuous Woman


I saw this picture and wondered what Job 29 says so I looked it up.  A Job 29 man is one who has a spirit of wisdom and is tender.  Matthew Henry writes:
“All sorts of people paid respect to Job, not only for the dignity of his rank, but for his personal merit, his prudence, integrity, and good management. Happy the men who are blessed with such gifts as these! They have great opportunities of honoring God and doing good, but have great need to watch against pride.”

I went to avirtuouswoman.org and found this list of ten virtues of a Proverbs 31 woman:



When I strive to live the life of a virtuous woman, I will be the type of woman my husband needs for his wife.  But in reading and thinking about being a virtuous woman I get overwhelmed.  I was grateful to see this picture


...now that I do each and every day!  As I go back over the ten virtues of a Proverbs 31 woman I see that...

  1. I serve God with all of my being having faith that His will is what I follow.
  2. I serve my husband by loving him and being his helpmate.
  3. I raised my boys to love the Lord and pray for them, their ladies and their children.
  4. I strive to take care of not only my spiritual body but also my physical body.
  5. I have a servant heart for all that I meet.
  6. I am blessed with being in a marriage where the Lord is in control of our finances and blesses our efforts.
  7. I am willing to do whatever tasks the Lord puts before me.
  8. I strive for people to feel comfortable in our home.
  9. I start my day asking the Lord to fill me with more of Him and less of me so that I won’t miss any opportunity He puts before me.
  10. I am blessed by the worth the Lord has put into my heart.  It is through that worth that my inner beauty shows for the Lord.
Dear Jesus,
I praise You for bringing these scripture to me this morning.  I praise You for my husband who loves me and takes care of me.  I praise You for my marriage being built upon You.  I praise You for having a husband who seeks Your will.  Lord, more of You and less of me is the only way I can strive to be a Proverbs 31 woman.  I am so grateful for this reminder this morning that a Proverbs 31 woman is not one that is perfect  but one that lives to serve out Your purpose in her life.  Woo hoo!  That gives such freedom!  Thank You Jesus for being My Will.  Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need help Lord
Please send me a teacher to learn more if your word and guidance