Tuesday, January 13, 2015

II Corinthians 9:13 - "Good Morning"

Last night as I was watching Ohio State win the championship I was screaming just as much as probably everyone else watching.  I love to watch football.  Anyone who hears me probably thinks that I believe they can hear me…LOL.  When Paul played (and won) state championship his senior year of high school, I was so excited!  I couldn't talk for days because of all the screaming I did.

But as the game came to a close I began to think about all the people watching.  How many of them get as excited about Jesus as they did the game?  How many people make sure their schedule fits so they can spend time with the Lord as they did in watching the big game?  Do we get as excited over "big plays" that the Lord orchestrates in our life as we do a sports event?

I was blessed to see Ohio State's coach bow his head at the end of the game and then as he talked about how he loved the players I was blessed in thinking about how he is a role model for them.  I know his ways off the field are controversial but I believe we are suppose to stand up for what we believe in.  He offers Bible studies and chapel services for the players because his faith is an important part of his life.  He is standing up for what he believes in.  

Am I standing up for the Lord?  Do I leave my comfort zone to share Him with others?  Has anyone ever thought what I do or say "controversial"?  Is the Lord pleased with my performance on His team?  Do I do a good job on both the offensive and defensive line?  When He "throws me a ball," am I conditioned enough to know what to do with it?  These are definitely things to think about.

Mandisa's "Good Morning" came to me in the shower this morning...

It's a good morning
Wake up to a brand new day
This morning
I'm stepping, stepping
Stepping on my way


Yes, it's a "Good Morning" for many because the Buckeyes won last night.  But more importantly it's a "Good Morning" because the Lord is alive in those who believe in Him.  He has given us another day to share Him with others.  Woo hoo!  The "big game" is played out each and every day with Jesus as our Coach.  It is up to us on whether we are conditioned and ready to do the plays He gives us.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for waking me up this morning!  Thank You for the opportunity to pray with one this morning.  Thank You for people as Ohio State's Coach who are not afraid to be "controversial" in sharing their faith.  Lord, I pray for more of You and less of me so that I may be better at doing Your will.  Lord, I ask that You bless me as I serve You.  I pray others will come to know You through me.  II Corinthians 9:13 reads, Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, others will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else.  Yes, Lord, yes!  The desire of my heart is to be a servant that great fruit will flow from.  Thank You Jesus for being My Coach!  Amen.




No comments: