Thursday, January 15, 2015

II Timothy 1:5-6; Romans 12:11 - "Start A Fire"


Each and every day I pray for the Lord to give me more of Him and less of me.  I truly believe when I live like this I am able to be more of what He wants of me.  I love the song Unspoken sings called “Start A Fire.”  

Start a fire in my soul
Fan the flame and make it grow
So there's no doubt or denying
Let it burn so brightly
That everyone around can see
That it's You, that it's You that we need
Start a fire in me

I think of the words of II Timothy 1:5-6...

I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God.
Paul is urging Timothy to “fan into flame the gift of God.”  In other words, we need to be spiritually disciplined so that we stay on fire for the Lord.  I’ve heard many people say you can’t always be on fire but to that I ask, “Why not?”  Paul also tells us in Romans 12:11...

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
How can we keep our fire for the Lord burning?  How can we be zealous for Him?  What will it take to serve Him in the manner He desires of us?  I believe it’s plain and simple.  We need to wake up every morning and spend time with Him, asking Him for more of Him and less of us so that we may be the servant He wants of us.  I also believe we need to live a 24-7 life.  In other words, we need to be in constant communion with Him.  We especially need to be able to hear His voice.
Dear Jesus,
Thank You for the reminders this morning the importance for me to fan the flame of my spiritual life.  Lord, as I continue to pray...more of You and less than me.  Fill me, Lord, with You so that I am overflowing with Your love.  Father, I thank You for the opportunities You will put before me today to be You to others.  I praise Your Holy Name for all You do for me...all the ways You bless me.  Father, I pray the spark in my spiritual being will catch with others who see You in me.  I pray for fire to take over in believers throughout our city.  Lord, I also pray for You to fan the flame in my physical body.  It sure doesn't want to function this morning.  I don't know why I am so tired.  Although yesterday was an emotional day with the doctor appointment and emotional junk always effects my physical body.  Or maybe it's this pain and numbness in my arm.  I don't know what it is but I know You can be glorified through it.  I pray for that, Lord.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Am On Fire For.  Amen.









No comments: