Saturday, January 17, 2015

Psalm 30:5, 55:22; Romans 8:28; I Peter 1:7 - "Your Love Never Fails"



I saw this picture yesterday and thought about how so many people don't have joy in them.  Some of them don't have joy because they choose to not allow the Lord to fill them.  Others don't have joy because of circumstances that have taken their joy away.  A few years ago I told a friend I had lost my joy.  She gave me a "JOY" hanging to remind me that the enemy can't take my joy away from me unless I give him an open door.  What a blessing! I prayed over those words and asked the Lord to reveal to me what foothold the enemy had in my life and He did.  From that point on I have not allowed the enemy to steal my joy again.  

This morning I was reminded of the song "Your Love Never Fails."  The chorus reminds me that when I go through "junk" on this earth there will be joy when it is over.  The bridge is the icing on the cake…You make all things work together for my good.

You stay the same through the ages
Your love never changes
There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

"...weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5
"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved." Psalm 55:22
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 

These scripture are encouraging to me.  No matter what circumstances come into my life I know His love will take care of them.  When I am hurting emotionally, His love is a soothing balm.  When I am hurting physically, His strength is my strength.  When I am feeling as though I can't go on in life, He is here to encourage me.  Romans 8:28 encourages me in the fact that the Lord already knows the outcome of my circumstances.  I don't have to fret about it but rather just need to trust Him with my entire being.  

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.  1 Peter 1:7

When we go through the trials of this earth leaning upon the Lord and seeking His guidance, we will be able to not only praise Him here but most importantly praise Him for eternity.  Yes, we will have trials on this earth but it is through those trials that our faith will deepen (James 1).  We have a choice to make each and every time a trial comes our way.  Will we allow the Lord to deepen our faith through it or will we allow the enemy to steal our joy?

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for strengthening me and loving me through trials. Father, I pray for more people to find Your strength to not allow the enemy a foothold in their life.  I pray for the ones who are struggling so greatly to even breathe.  Lord, may Your presence come down upon them in such a mighty way this morning.  May You be so real to them that there is no doubt in their mind You are there.  Lord, cover them with Your protection so they can come out from under the deep cloud of depression that has come over them.  Open their eyes to what You have for them.  Thank You Jesus for being My Joy.  Amen.


No comments: