Monday, January 12, 2015

II Corinthians 4 - "We Believe"

Newsboys "We Believe" was on my lips when I woke up this morning.  I love the words to this song but I especially love the way they sing it with such conviction.  It isn't a "feel good" song but rather it is a song that when you sing it you affirm all of the beliefs you have as a believer.

We believe in God the Father
We believe in Jesus Christ
We believe in the Holy Spirit
And He's given us new life
We believe in the Crucifixion
We believe that He conquered death
We believe in the resurrection
And He's coming back again
We believe

This part reminds me of something that was said by one in our worship team yesterday.  I can't remember the exact words but it was something along the lines of singing to the Lord…going beyond just the words…singing from the heart...

So, let our faith be more than anthems
Greater than the songs we sing
And in our weakness and temptations
We believe, we believe

Yes!  That is what I want in my own life.  I want my faith to grow.  I know that will happen as I seek more of Him and less of myself.  As I do this, He will use me mightily and I will be blessed by my obedient heart.

"Let the church live loud…"  Woo hoo!  Yes!  That's what I want for not only the Willard Church of the Nazarene but for all churches as we proclaim the Gospel.  "And the gates of hell will not prevail…for the power of God has torn the veil…Now we know Your love will never fail…"  That's what it's all about.  Sharing the Gospel so people will know the Lord.  And when I say "know" that doesn't mean just believing but it means living a life in obedience to Him.  Oh my goodness, I am having a hard time sitting still to type this morning.  I just want to go out and shout about the Lord!  I want for people to see Him in me and say, "What does she have that gives her such peace?"  I want to see people saved.  I want to see people in our church on fire for the Lord.  What a blessing to hear Jason say more have been saved in his workplace because of what the Lord is doing through him.  What a blessing to have five people saved in the service yesterday.  I think back on what Doc said about people are ready when they run into circumstances that are beyond their control.  

Dear Jesus,
I am praying for circumstances to happen in people's lives that will bring them to You.  I am asking for a fire in the lives of believers so that people will come to know You.  Lord, bless our church…bless believers everywhere.  Father, there are some who believe that need to feel You again just as they did when they first came to know You.  Spark the flame in their hearts.  Lord, heal the "heart-sick" and let them know You are there to love on them.  Just as You gave me to tell one yesterday, "Nothing is impossible!  Let me heal you!"  Woo hoo!  That is some exciting words.  I don't even know what that person needs healed of yet You used me to convey a message to them.  The coolest thing is I don't have to know details.  All I have to know is what You want me to do and then for me to do it.  Father, I am so excited through this song this morning.  Father, I pray for You to open doors for me to convey the Gospel today.  Lord, bless my efforts as I start school today.  Guide my time.  Thank You for blessing me this morning!  I had to chuckle when Doc came in to see what was going on to find me singing, crying and being blessed!  Thank You Father for being My Foundation!  Amen.


II Corinthians 4 reads...
Therefore, since through God’s mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart. Rather, we have renounced secret and shameful ways; we do not use deception, nor do we distort the word of God. On the contrary, by setting forth the truth plainly we commend ourselves to everyone’s conscience in the sight of God. And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10 We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. 11 For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus’ sake, so that his life may also be revealed in our mortal body. 12 So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.  13 It is written: “I believed; therefore I have spoken." Since we have that same spirit of[c] faith, we also believe and therefore speak, 14 because we know that the one who raised the Lord Jesus from the dead will also raise us with Jesus and present us with you to himself. 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments: