Friday, January 23, 2015

I Peter 5:6-10; "Come As You Are"

I woke up this morning singing Crowder's "Come As You Are" but couldn't remember all the words to it.  I was anxious to get on my laptop to find them.  As I read them, I thought about different people who really need to hear this song.
  • The ones who have guilt from the sin in their past.  They need to accept God's grace and allow Him to heal their hearts.
  • The ones who are going through some tough issues in their life.  Some are dealing with illness, some with the death of a loved one, some with relationship issues with a spouse or child, some with family members addicted…just all kinds of tough issues.
Come out of sadness
From wherever you’ve been
Come broken hearted
Let rescue begin
Come find your mercy
Oh sinner come kneel
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t heal
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t heal

The Lord wants us to live with Him.  He is constantly trying to get our attention when we are looking away from Him.  I love this picture I saw on the internet with Corrie Ten Boom




We don't have to wonder if our sins are forgiven.  When we repent and ask for forgiveness, they are gone.  We also need to stand firm when the enemy comes knocking at our door with doubt because God doesn't go back on His word.  These words in I Peter 5 tell us that He will restore us and make us strong through His grace.  Do we deserve grace?  No but He gives it to us because He loves us.

I Peter 5:6-10 reads…

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.  10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

There’s hope for the hopeless
And all those who’ve strayed
Come sit at the table
Come taste the grace
There’s rest for the weary
Rest that endures
Earth has no sorrow
That heaven can’t cure


So lay down your burdens
Lay down your shame
All who are broken
Lift up your face
Oh wanderer come home
You’re not too far
So lay down your hurt
Lay down your heart

Come as you are

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for Your grace and mercy!  Thank You for loving me enough to accept me back into Your arms when I walked away!  Thank You for never leaving me through my rebellious time of life!  Lord, I praise You for the way You are so gentle yet strong!  Father, I pray for so many different ones going through tough issues…I pray the ones in relationship with You will turn to You for wisdom and clarity…I pray those who aren't in relationship with You will find You.  Father, put someone in their life that will say or do something to make a difference for them.  Heal the hurts through believers who are strong in their faith.  Lord, use me however You desire.  I know the only way that can happen is for there to be more of You and less of me.  Father, fill me.  Lord, once again I am so thankful for the day You accepted me back into relationship with You…the day I accepted the invitation to "Come As You Are" was such a blessing.  The rest You give as one sits at Your table is so refreshing.  Thank You Jesus for being My Grace.  Amen.


No comments: