Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Daniel 12:4 - "More of You"

Yesterday was such a day of blessing despite the fact that it didn’t go as I planned.  LOL!  Love that...”I planned!”  The Lord had other plans.  My plans were to go to Orrville to celebrate my Momma’s birthday but then the snow hit.  So instead the day was spent on school and church stuff.  But that wasn’t the ‘important’ stuff I accomplished!  The Lord blessed me with...
  • Praying over the phone with an old friend who has a family member in critical condition.
  • Praying over the phone with a friend who was going through some physical issues and then late last night going to the ER with them.
  • Sending words of encouragement and prayers to a friend with her Daddy with a severe medical condition.
  • Sending words of encouragement and prayers to a friend with a tough situation with family members.
  • Sending words of encouragement and prayers to a friend going through severe marital issues.
  • Encouraged many people with my writing about the Lord waking me up to “He Knows My Name.”
As I reflect back on yesterday, I am feeling very blessed.  I was blessed with being able to stay in my jammies all day in the warmth of my home instead of having to go out in the cold. When I did get a call from a friend to go to the ER, at least I wasn't snuggled in my warm bed yet!  As I was ending my day, I was blessed with these words by Lisa TerKeurst...

Here's an encouraging word for someone tonight - don’t think you’re not doing what God called you to do just because things don’t seem as glamorous as you thought they would be.  If you are a woman who honors God right where you are, you are in ministry. Keep being obedient, keep looking for the next open door of opportunity, and above all else hold closely to our Lord.
Amen!  I pray I do honor God with all that I do whether it be in my home or out in the world.  I told a friend today we are so blessed with today’s technology.  It wasn’t all that many years ago that when we needed someone to pray with us it would be days for a letter to get to someone for them to know it.  Or we would have to pay for a long distance phone call to share a prayer request.  Not today.  Now all we have to do is post it on Facebook or send an email/text and people are immediately praying.  
Doc has been preaching about end times and has referenced Daniel 12:4 many times.  But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end.  Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.  Oh my, has knowledge increased with the internet!  I truly believe we are getting closer to the end of time as we know it.  I am sooooo ready to be out of pain...I am soooo ready to be in His presence 24/7...I am soooo ready to sit at the feet of Jesus in a way that I can’t even begin to imagine...woo hoo!
Dear Jesus,
This morning I am praying/singing “More of You” by Colton Dixon.  I pray these words...
More of You ...Less of me
Make me who I'm meant to be
You're all I want all I need 
You're everything
Take it all I surrender
Be my king...God I choose 
More of You...Less of me

Thank You Jesus for the opportunities You will give me today to be You to others.  Lead my steps...guide my words... Thank You for being My King.  Amen.




No comments: