Thursday, January 22, 2015

Proverbs 31:10-31 - "No Turning Back"

Today is my Momma's 84th birthday!  Woo hoo!  What a blessing she is to not only me but to so many people.  Her life hasn't been the easiest but it has been full of blessings.  The example she gives me to be a blessing to others is the best example ever.  As I was growing up if someone was in the hospital or died, you took food.  If someone needed help with children, you took care of them.  If someone needed a shoulder to cry on, you were there to give Godly advice.  You also made sure you were in church when the doors were open.  When there was a revival, you had the evangelist, pastors and families over for a meal.  

I am so grateful for the day my Momma chose a life with the Lord for her way of living.  I woke up singing a song Brandon Heath sings called, "No Turning Back" and thought about the old hymn "I Have Decided To Follow Jesus."  I have fond memories of standing in church with her as a little girl singing words such as these...

I have decided to follow Jesus...
No turning back, no turning back...

I am so grateful my Momma has this mindset.  The Lord has led her down some pretty tough roads but she has held onto Him.  Death of an adult child...multiple health issues with her and my Daddy...death of her parents…just to name a few.  But she has been steadfast in her faith through them all.  If this were a song she would sing, she definitely could sing it with confidence.  She knows where she is going when she leaves this earth.

Dear Jesus,
I praise You for my dear Momma.  I praise You for blessing her with 84 years of life to serve You.  I praise You for giving me the opportunity to be one of her daughters.  You are so awesome!  I praise You for the years You gave her and my Daddy and for the strength You continue to give her to live without him.  Lord, wrap Your loving arms around her today and let her know just how blessed she has made this world.  I wish I could be with her today…would You put it upon someone's heart to stop in and see her?  Father, bless her mightily.  Lord, I've known her to be You to many people over the years and I know it's because You are such a big part of her life.  Father, fill me with more of You and less of me so that I may follow in her footsteps.  Thank You Jesus for being The One I Follow.  Amen.


No comments: