Friday, November 17, 2023

Romans 8 - "Gonna Be Alright"

God is so good to provide what we need at the exact time we need it. Last night the song "Gonna Be Alright" came on the radio. Soon after I heard it I had a conversation with a friend who reminded me God already knows the outcome of my situation and 'it will be alright'! Wow, God! I love how He works through music, people, and Scripture to encouragement. When I walked in last night crying from another song on the radio, Doug was there to speak words of life over me. His hug and doting over me is priceless. 

Everything's gonna be alright
Everything's gonna be alright
You hold me Your arms
Until my storm is calm

This is why I can not only survive the storms of life but glorify Him through them. The knowledge that "Everything's Gonna Be Alright" is with me. His peace is mine from the tip of my head to the tips of my toes. Yes, I still am emotional from time to time but He expects that because I am human. Yes, I still find my mind wandering with the 'What if?' questions but when I do it takes my faith deeper. I was asked last night how I can trust God so fully with all I am going through in my physical body. I am grateful people can see that trust. That makes me want to trust Him even more. When people ask such questions, they are pondering and that is a good thing. This morning I am basking on Romans 8:28. This is a verse I memorized as a child. I read it in different versions and settled in with The Passion Translation. So we are convinced that every detail of our lives is continually woven together for good, for we are His lovers who have been called to fulfill His designed purpose. Woo hoo! Yes, God! He has called me as His servant to preach the Gospel and love with His love. I will admit there are times I ask Him, 'Why me? Why do I have to go through another thing on this earth?' Those are questions every human asks of Him. I think of my Daddy who went through multiple times of cancer, over sixty surgeries in his lifetime, a gunshot wound, a broken neck from getting hit by a train...oh my! All of these things took his faith and trust in God deeper. I can hear his words now as I reflect back on his life. 'Now Sheila Babe you cannot allow MS or anything else keep you down. You are a McHenry. That means you are a fighter and you don't give up.' I miss the encouragement my Daddy and Momma spoke over me. It makes me strive to speak life over people every chance I get. Last night Pamela reminded me God knew everything about me even before I was born. These words came back to me as I read the beginning of Romans 8:29. For he knew all about us before we were born and he destined us from the beginning to share the likeness of his Son. Woo hoo! Romans 8 continues with Paul writing of God's love being poured out over us. All we have to do is allow Him to do so. Oh how I pray for more people to do so. Verses thirty-eight and thirty-nine reads in The Passion Translation:

So now I live with the confidence that there is nothing in the universe with the power to separate us from God’s love. I’m convinced that his love will triumph over death, life’s troubles, fallen angels, or dark rulers in the heavens. There is nothing in our present or future circumstances that can weaken his love. There is no power above us or beneath us—no power that could ever be found in the universe that can distance us from God’s passionate love, which is lavished upon us through our Lord Jesus, the Anointed One!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with another day of rest yet being able to participate in two webinars and a couple phone calls! Thank You for my short time with my Thursday night ladies group st Marybeth's to celebrate Friendsgiving! Thank You for Doug being here to take care of me and to speak life over me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for many going through difficult days to receive Your empowerment to not just get through the day but to glorify You through it. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Purpose Maker! Amen.

No comments: