Sunday, November 5, 2023

Philippians 4:1-13 - "Gratitude"


It's good to be back home. I am thankful for doctors, nurses, hospitals, etc. but there is no place like home. When I found out they were not gong to be able to do the MRI until the first of the week there was no reason to stay. There were some positives out of this time. I had a CT scan to get more answers for my one issue and had a repeat x-ray to get more answers for my other issue. They also were able to get my pain under control. I'm disappointed and feel like I messed up a lot of plans but God has a plan. He knows what is ahead and has already taken care of it. If 'C' is confirmed, He will give me exactly what I need to get through it again. If there is a fracture in my lower back, He will heal it whether it be through a miraculous healing or medicine and therapy. I do not have to worry about anything. I do have to make sure I am living in a manner to glorify Him through the process. I am leaning into Him and standing upon His Word. I know His strength is perfect and is available to me. I also know He desires me to be strong in Him. Paul's words in Philippians 4:11-13 tell how he was content no matter where God had Him. I need to be in that same mindset. I have a song Brandon Lake sings called "Gratitude" on my mind again this morning....

So I throw up my hands
And praise You again and again
'Cause all that I have is a
Hallelujah, hallelujah
And I know it's not much
But I've nothing else fit for a king
Except for a heart singing

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing of being home from the hospital and for Doug caring for me so well! Thank You for doctors, nurses, technicians, etc. that cared for me so well! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray for not only myself but for all pastors to preach the Word as You desire today. I pray Your strength over all going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Hallelujah! Amen.

No comments: