Thursday, November 9, 2023

John 11; 16 - "We Believe"



Last night we were in John 11 for Bible study. I love how God uses His Word to speak to us. The reminder Jesus gives us in verse twenty-five is priceless. It reads in The Passion TranslationAnyone who clings to me in faith, even though he dies, will live forever. We discussed having faith in God and what that means in this world. A couple days ago a friend posted John 16:33 on Facebook. This morning I was given the text for Pastor David's sermon this Sunday which is John 16:32. These two verses read in The Passion TranslationAnd the time has come when you will all be scattered, and each one of you will go your own way, leaving me alone! Yet I am never alone, for the Father is always with me. And everything I've taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world! I love having the same words Jesus spoke over me a couple weeks ago being in these verses. ...rest in Me. The only way to have His peace in the midst of the storms of life is to rest in Him. Matthew Henry wrote of these verses:

Peace in Christ is the only true peace, in him alone believers have it. Through him we have peace with God, and so in him we have peace in our own minds. We ought to be encouraged, because Christ has overcome the world before us. 

When we go through tough times in life, we need to remember nothing surprises God. We also need to remember He is with us 24/7 to empower us to not just get through such times but for Him to be glorified in the process. I am thankful for an appointment in Charleston even though it is not for eighteen days. My first prayers was for a cancellation before then so I can get in sooner. Then I stopped and prayed for God to heal me so surgery won't even be necessary. I prayed for anything suspected of being 'c' to be removed from my body. My God is still in the miracle business. Lazarus was raised from the dead many years ago with the words of Jesus spoken to him. I know the same can be done today. Woo hoo!  I am reminded of the song "We Believe"...

Let the lost be found and the dead be raised!
In the here and now, let love invade!
Let the church live loud, our God we'll say
We believe, we believe!
And the gates of hell will not prevail!
For the power of God, has torn the veil!
Now we know Your love will never fail!
We believe, we believe!

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of getting an appointment at MUSC and for the way Your timing will be perfect! Thank You for Doug who continues to take such good care of me! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, thoughts attitude and actions. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Peace! Amen.

No comments: