Friday, November 10, 2023

I Peter 5:8-11; I Samuel 17:37; II Timothy 1:7; I John 4:18 - "Confidence"



So many emotions...so many questions... I am grateful for the knowledge God knows all that is happening and is here for me. I am grateful I am where I am today instead of where I was last week at this time in the hospital. I am grateful for an appointment scheduled at MUSC. I am grateful for Doug being here in this 'waiting room' with me. I am grateful for the strength David showed when he was up against Goliath. Sometimes my mind wanders with questions about what emotions did David go through in such times? Did he lean into God's strength to overcome the giant? There is no other explanation for his victory other than God. God was greater than the fear David had to have felt in his humanness. Fear can be debilitating. It can stop us in our tracks and cause great issues in life. I read a statistic that made me ponder. It is amazing to think 85% of things that cause us to fear never even happen. It is also amazing to think 15% of what does happen that causes us to fear is not as bad as we think it will be. I love the command "fear not" was given sixty-three times in God's Word with a total of three hundred variations given throughout both the Old and New Testaments. David did not allow Goliath's size to intimidate him. Instead he trusted God to allow him to be victorious in the situation. This tidbit made me think of the possibility of 'c' being back in my life. First of all, I am not going to claim it. Secondly, if it is in God's plan for it to be back then it will also be in His plan to empower me to be victorious over it once again. I think of Paul's words in I Peter 5:8b, Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. The enemy wants me to be fearful so my focus is off of God so he can trip me up. I am standing on I Samuel 17:37a from this point forward. David wrote, The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine. David was courageous in his spirit. He knew God was His strength just as I know He is my strength. David conquered the giant before him through God. No matter if it is 'c' or not in my body there are measures that must be taken. I will be courageous and allow God to give me victory throughout whatever lies ahead. David received victory because he remembered past victories. I will be victorious as I do the same. He relied on God's empowerment and walked by faith to do what seemed impossible. I will do the same. God has a plan for all of the 'junk' we encounter on this earth. We can be victorious as we allow Him to fulfill His plan in and through us. I am reminded of II Timothy 1:7, God does not give us a spirit that makes us afraid but a spirit of power, love, and self-control. How do I know this? It is because of the words of I John 4:18, ...perfect love casts out all fear. Woo hoo! I have the song "Confidence" on my mind this morning...

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday and the ones ahead today! Thank You for Doug being with me during these challenging days! Thank You for Your Word that is full of promises for me to stand upon! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your confidence over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Confidence! Amen.



No comments: