Tuesday, November 7, 2023

II Timothy 1:7 - "Truth I'm Standing On"

As I went into the MRI yesterday for my back I praised God it wasn't like the last time when I went in for the MS. The last time was three hours long. This one was less than twenty minutes. I praised God for the ability to lay flat for that amount of time. I also praised Him for doctor's, nurses, technicians, technology, etc. that we have to diagnose us in such times. I praised Him for the ability to walk into the facility and not have to be pushed in a wheelchair as in some times in the past. I praised Him for Doug who was waiting for me when it was done and allowed me to have a breakdown of tears as we walked to the truck. This 'waiting room' we are in right now is a double whammy. Dealing with two health issues at once is challenging. I keep reminding myself God's got both of these issues. He knows what is going on and what is ahead. When Doug asked me yesterday where we were headed after the MRI, my response was 'I just want to run away.' His response was we would go as far as the couple hundred bucks in his pocket would take us if that's what I wanted to do. Of course, we both knew the only place to run is into Jesus' arms. He also pulled into Bruster's for some ice cream on the way home which was a good choice...lol. I think back to a couple weeks ago when I was praying and God told me 'Rest in Me'! It seems like all I am doing in the physical sense is resting. I need to do more resting in the spiritual sense. It's hard to read with the pain I'm experiencing. I am thankful for Scripture that comes to my mind in such times. Yesterday II Timothy 1:7 was heavy in my thoughts. God did not bring me this far in life to fear the unknown. Instead He brought me through many fires to stand strong in my faith and allow Him to empower me through these days. I woke this morning with these words going through my mind...

Here on the edge of fall apart
Somehow Your promises
Find my troubled heart
[Chorus]
This is the truth I’m standing on
Even when all my strength is gone
You are faithful forever
And I know You’ll never
Let me fall
Right now I’m choosing to believe
Someday soon I’ll look back and see
All the pain had a purpose
Your plan was perfect all along
This is the truth I’m standing on

Yes! Praise His Holy Name for the knowledge that I can and will stand in His truth. There is a purpose for all that is happening in life. i pray I fulfill God's purpose and not only come out victorious but glorify Him in the process. I pray for His strength to come down upon me in a mighty way today. As I look back over a couple pictures Doug sent to me on his walk Sunday night I once again am feeling so blessed. God knew I needed him in my life and provided. God knew I needed a loving husband to support me in these days and provided. God knew and knows and provides.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessing of yesterday with getting the MRI done! I pray for both Doug and I as we continue to be in this 'waiting room' of life with my two health issues. May we grow stronger in our faith and allow You to continue to be the Third Strand of our marriage through these 'tough' days. Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, thoughts, attitude, and actions. I pray Your peace over many going through difficult days to allow You to empower them. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Truth I'm Standing On! Amen.

No comments: