Sunday, November 12, 2023

Psalm 28:7; Joshua 1:9; Philippians 4:6-7 - "There Was Jesus"

I prayed last night and again this morning for all who will be preaching this morning to be empowered by the Holy Spirit. I prayed for them to be encouraged by those around them and not be discouraged as so often happens for pastors. One of the first songs that came on when Doug turned on KLOVE this morning was "There Was Jesus" which blesses me greatly. These words speak volumes to me...

In the waiting, in the searching
In the healing, in the hurting
Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces
Every minute, every moment
Where I've been or where I'm going
Even when I didn't know it
Or couldn't see it
There was Jesus

There are so many times of waiting in life but Jesus is with us every time. He is with us in the 'waiting rooms' as we are searching for answers for our spiritual life. He is there as we wait on doctors reports, test results, etc. He is there when we wait for restoration in relationships. I praise His Holy Name He is always with us. I am thankful He didn't leave me when I walked away from Him years ago. Instead He was waiting with open arms. His love for me never faltered yet grows deeper through all the 'waiting rooms' of life. This 'waiting room' we are in right now is a tough one yet I know He is here with me. I am so thankful He brought Doug into my life to be here to support me. I know I would have survived these days but it would have been so much harder to be alone and to not have my Momma. I am thankful she is not here to fret over all happening in my life. I also am thankful for Pastor David preaching this morning. God had everything all in place knowing I'm struggling physically, mentally, and emotionally. It is hard to concentrate with all the thoughts about the possibility of 'c' again in my life. But I must allow God to be Who He desires and continue to work in and through me. I cannot allow this time to be a distraction to God. Instead I need to lean into His strength so He will be glorified. The words in this song are ones to give such a strong word picture. Like a blessing buried in the broken pieces Yes! I am going to continue to wait on the blessing God has for this time in my life with the broken pieces of my health. His Word is full of promises to be with me in this 'waiting room' and I will stand upon them.

Psalm 28:7 reminds me the joy of the Lord is my strength

Joshua 1:9 reminds me He is with me wherever I go..."Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged,for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Philippians 4:6-7 reminds me, Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Doug and I enjoying a low-paced day with lots of rest! Thank You for Pastor Dave preaching this morning! Thank You for the way You take care of things before we even know about them! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your promises over others going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Promise Keeper! Amen.

No comments: