Saturday, November 11, 2023

Psalm 18 - "Confidence"


I started my day off yesterday with the song "Confidence" and it stayed with me throughout the day. The morning was tough with nausea but this song encouraged me to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am so thankful for Doug being with me in this 'waiting room' of life. He encourages me greatly even through the 'what ifs?' that keep creeping into our minds. God encourages me through Doug's prayers greatly. He encourages me through His Word that is full of promises. The more I lean into Him the more I will receive His peace. The more I seek to be Christ-like the more I will realize heaven on earth. The more I allow Him to love through me the more I will see others accepting His love in their own lives. 

So give me faith like Daniel in the lion's den
Give me hope like Moses in the wilderness
Give me a heart like David, Lord be my defense
So I can face my giants with confidence

The part in this song where it asks Lord be my defense is one I focused on yesterday. Sometimes our bodies are tired as they go through trials on this earth but we can never give up allowing God to work in and through us. Psalm 18 is full of encouragement. It begins with David pouring out praises for Who God is in his life. In the VOICE translation he calls Him his source of power. In the New International Version David calls Him his strength...rock... fortress...deliverer..shield...horn of my salvation...stronghold. Verse thirty is a key one to keep my focus on. It begins in the NIVAs for God, his way is perfect:... I keep thinking about the appointment at MUSC not being until November 27. That seems so far away. What if that is too late and things progress? We saw through testing how the things on my ovary grew in the six days between the ultrasound and the CT scan. How much more will they grow before November 27? Am I showing a lack of faith by asking God to move the appointment up? I should stand on these words of His way is perfect knowing He has everything under control but in my humanness I'm struggling. I'm struggling physically with nausea and fatigue. I'm struggling mentally with getting my words and mouth working together. I'm struggling emotionally with many tears falling. I cannot allow these struggles to mess me up spiritually. I need to dig in deeper into my faith and remember the words of Psalm 18:16. It reads in the New International VersionHe reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. This 'waiting room' seems like deep waters. It seems like I'm bobbing and going under at times but I cannot allow myself to be overtaken by it. Instead I must stand firm in His strength. As I do I will realize Him to a fuller degree and my faith will go deeper than ever before.

Dear Jesus, Thank You for my back pain being less yesterday! Thank You for Doug caring for me so well! Thank You for Your Word that is full of promises such as Psalm 18:16! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your healing over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Source of Power! Amen.

No comments: