Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Prov. 3:5-6; Phil. 4:13; II Tim. 1:7; Ex. 14:14; II Chronicles. 20:15b - "Strong"

Walking into the Hollings Cancer Center yesterday made me very emotional. I had fashbacks of walking in with Doc and walking out very disappointed from the news given to him every time. I was thankful even though we were early they took me right in. I also was thankful for the care given by each one of the nurses and doctors. Dr. Orr was a gentle giant who spoke life over me from the start. He listened well to all I said and quickly came up with a game plan. I must say I was greatly disappointed when I heard the first available surgery date is January 2. I told him I would pray for an opening but whatever God's timing was for this event in my life so be it. Hearing him say there is a ninety percent chance the tumor is NOT cancer brought joy to my heart. I'm sure some would say but there is still a ten percent chance which is true. Once again I am trusting God because He already knows the outcome. He knows if it will be the less invasive surgery or not. He knows how I will spend the six weeks post op recuperating. He knows how the church will function without me. Plain and simple. He knows. I heard the song "Strength" yesterday morning. These words...oh my! They point me in the right direction on where I can find strength to get through every day but especially these days.

Strong, like my daddy always told me so
There's a place you can always go when you got nothing
And then he handed me the one thing
That's strong, doesn't matter how old it gets
There's power in the words in red in this old bible
And when I'm desperate for revival
I hit my knees with my hands held high
Saying dear Lord Jesus you know
I can't do this on my own
I can't do this on my own
Lord knows I've tried but I'm good at falling down
Thank God you're good at picking me up off the ground
The world's gonna try to break me
But I know the one who makes me
Strong

Yes! My earthly Daddy encouraged me greatly to find strength in my Heavenly Daddy. I saw my earthly Daddy and Momma lean into His strength daily. I loved bedtime at their house because their was always prayer time together. My Momma's parents prayed out loud every night before going to be bed. My Momma once told me she prayed out loud even when she was alone after my Daddy left this earth. I love these memories. They encourage my heart greatly. One of the best parts of my marriage is Doug praying over me. I love how we can be on a walk or driving down the road and he will start praying. The other day he made the statement, 'I know what my lovely wife needs' and I thought about how quickly he realized my needs. We are approaching our seven month anniversary this Thursday and yet in many ways it feels like we've been married for years. Our marriage is definitely anointed by God. I am so thankful for his presence in my life, especially over the last seven months with the loss of my Momma, Sally's health issues, my herniated disc, and my upcoming surgery. The six weeks post op will definitely be challenging for us. I pray I not only am a 'good patient' but a loving wife as he cares for me. I was thinking last night about how I need to stand on Proverbs 3:5-6 more now than ever before. Trusting God to not just get me through this time but to be glorified through it will be key in being who He desires me to be. I need to stand in His strength as Paul writes in Philippians 4:13. I also need to remember the words of II Chronicles 20:15b that the battle before me belongs to the Lord. I am not alone nor do I have to fight it alone. II Timothy 1:7 reminds me I do not have to fear the days ahead. All I have to do is stand in His empowerment and allow Him to work in and through me. A few weeks ago when my back pain started God clearly spoke to me. He said, 'Rest in me.' That is exactly what I have been striving to do while waiting on yesterday's appointment. I have been more intentional on being in His Word and listening to what He has for me. Exodus 14:14 is a verse He continues to bring before me. The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still. That is not something I do easily but I know with His empowerment I can do this. 

Dear Jesus, Thank You for the blessings of yesterday with Mr. Jack having successful hip replacement, hearing there is a ninety percent chance the tumor is NOT cancer with me, Betty driving me to Charleston, and Doug being with me on this journey! Cleanse me so You can fill me so people will see/hear You through my words, actions, attitude, and thoughts. I pray Your empowerment over many going through difficult days. My sisters Linda, Sally, and Mary; my brother Richard; Ben and Colleen; Pete and Delores; Steve; Doug's sister Jackie; Cait; Rhonda; Mike; Norma Hall; Jack and Paula; Beth; Sharon Sebolt and her parents; some young ladies with anxiety; Brooklyn; April; families in turmoil; Gay and Doug; Sherry; and many others. I also pray healing prayers over many dealing with ‘c’ and/or going through treatments…Chrissy’s cousin; Mike's sister; Shirley Jones; Little Judson; Little Roselynn; a young girl in our community; Audrey; Mr Mullet; Marybeth's friend; David; Dave and Carol with his treatments; Dan; and Ray. I pray for: the Long family; Becky; Baby Sabre and her family; Debbie and her family; Mr. John; Darrell; and Russ. Thank You for continued healing for Pastor Tommy and Pam! Thank You for being My Empowerment! Amen.

No comments: